University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

My son submitted on 10/31 and got the Accept/Decline Admissions tab but nothing yet. How long is it taking Pitt to notify lately?

He had accept/decline buttons within two days of applying?

Was he admitted after two days?

I think @TheMonaLisa is talking about the tab (available to everyone in the portal), not the buttons:

1 Like

Hello: Super confused parent and student here. When everyone is talking about “buttons” is that in the MyPitt site (my.pitt.edu) where the Documents folder is, or is there another place to find “buttons”.

My son received email that “Your application is moving to review phase” on 10/20. Does this mean that he doesn’t need to do anything more but wait?

1 Like

Here is how to find buttons (if you have them):

Go to My Pitt and click on “PeopleSoft / High Point CX” which will give you the Dashboard. Then on the menu on the left, the menu option is “Accept / Decline Admissions” (under Admissions). Click here:

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 9.36.48 AM

If you don’t have the buttons yet, you will just get a screen that says “No information at this time.” Check back again later. Good luck!

2 Likes

Have you filled out the SRAR? Be sure to do that.

1 Like

My son just got $40,000 ($10,000 a year). In state. Bioengineering. Delighted but he will be applying for Stamps etc.

6 Likes

I’m learning from this thread that they are rare, but my son just got $40,000 ($10,000) a year merit in state.

11 Likes

wow, congrats!!!

1 Like

I’m a little confused.

Applied through Common App, and have received an email saying my application has been sent & is going through the review process.

However when I logged into my portal with the key they sent yesterday, I basically have a blank applications template below on the portal. On top of the webpage I have an application submitted under the “Application History Status” and my SRAR has been sent as well. However, where it says 'Application Status" multiple fields are blank?

Is this normal?

My SRAR says sent as well from the other end.

Yes, it is normal. No worries.

1 Like

Fantastic!

Wonderful!

DS23 submitted to Swanson Engineering 10/11, application went to review 10/17, accept/decline buttons appeared 11/1, and today (11/6) he just received an email notifying him there’s a new document in the system. The letter was his official acceptance. :smile:

9 Likes

My son also received a letter about GAP Public Health.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. My D23 kept an eye on the portal, not me, but here’s what I’ve gathered.
Dietrich - Biological Studies
In-State
uw grade avg.: 4.0
w grade avg.: 4.4
Class Rank: school doesn’t rank
34 ACT
5 APs (her school doesn’t offer that much, rest of classes were CHS)
Pretty average ECs – caption varsity XC and track, varsity soccer, soccer coach for urban youth league, NHS, meal prep for city mentoring program, dental shadowing,

I believe she submitted 10/3 (I wasn’t watching portal so not sure about when buttons appeared). Got her acceptance 10/20. Received scholarship letter 11/2 20K, 5K/year In state.

3 Likes

23 was accepted in late September - early October.

Do you think if 23 hasn’t heard about merit, it’s not coming?

23 is OOS student, if it matters.

My OOS student was accepted 9/2. Merit offered pretty much everywhere else she’s been accepted but so far but nothing from Pitt. definitely feeling disappointed although we knew not to expect much but even a little bit would’ve been helpful for me to try to justify that high out of state tuition

2 Likes

My OOS Student applied on 10/5 to Swanson Engineering and got acceptance on 11/2.

2 Likes