University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

I don’t have access to kid’s acceptance letter rn, but from posts on last year’s thread, I found this:

Received from Pitt at the bottom of acceptance letter:
“When will I hear about Pitt Scholarships?
Students submitting a completed application for admission, along with their personal statement or Common Application essay, by December 1, are automatically reviewed for merit scholarships. The Scholarship Committee meets from October through February and reviews admitted candidates on a weekly basis. It is not uncommon for the Committee to review a student’s credentials several times before making a final decision. Therefore, while some students are informed of a scholarship award shortly after being admitted, many more are not notified until much later. All students selected to receive a scholarship will be notified no later than March 1.”

8 Likes

My son was admitted today to Swanson engineering!

Applied 9/25. OOS, 3.4UW/4.2W, 1430 SAT, IB diploma.

No word yet on merit aid. He really liked Pitt when we visited this summer. Will likely depend on how merit aid compares. He has also been admitted to Michigan State with a generous OOS merit package.

We are all excited for this option!

12 Likes

S23 accepted today to Swanson as well!
OOS
3.97 UW (school doesn’t do weighted)
1460 SAT (680 E, 780 M)
Applied 10/9, moved to review 10/13, buttons 11/7, letter 11/8.
Maybe this will encourage him to finally write the honors essay :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

$5000 OOS merit awarded today. Test optional. 3.96 UW GPA. Acceptance received on 10/17.

10 Likes

congrats!!! when is the honors’ essay due?

The deadline for the honors essay is December 1.
Students who have already applied to Pitt can submit an essay here: https://forms.admissions.pitt.edu/honors

1 Like

That’s awesome. Swanson is more expensive than the other colleges so I’m not surprised the max award is higher.

thx!

1 Like

My son submitted CA on 10/31. He told me he got 2 emails today, 11/9, - one notifying him that his application is going to the review phase and a second one giving him a link to access Pitt Admissions documents with already a document with his Pitt ID Number. How soon after do you think he’ll hear back about a decision?

For anyone who has submitted a Pitt honors essay through the web form (after applying), is there any way to confirm that the honors essay was received? Is there a place in the portal that shows status of the student’s application for honors?

1 Like

what is Buttons?

Wondering the same thing!

If you scroll back you will see that for some it took less than 2 weeks and others 4-5 weeks. I am not really sure why and it does not seem to be very school/major specific. Good luck to your son! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Does anyone know if Pitt will allow my son to send his 1st quarter grades? To show upward trend?

Wondering if any student who turned in apps in early October has heard from the School of Computing/Information? Thanks for any intel!

My kid’s application when to review for SCI (CS) on October 17th. He has not heard back.

Same here. My student’s application went to review on 10/20.

We sent in my daughters. Updated the SRAR with first quarter grades. Not sure if it will make a difference or not but figured it was worth a try.

1 Like

We sent in my daughters. Updated the SRAR with first quarter grades. Not sure if it will make a difference or not but figured it was worth a try.

1 Like