University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

privatems: do you have any update on the Med GAP yet? I am anxiously waiting for any notification.

Nothing. The confirmation email said on or before Dec 1st. Hang in there.

1 Like

Any good leads for scholarships that arenā€™t based on need?

When you updated the SRAR, did the application get a new submission date? In other words, did the school roll the app into a later acceptance round?

Good question! I may urge my son to contact an AO about submitting his 1st quarter grades.

I donā€™t think so. We emailed the admissions counselor to let her know it was updated. I checked with the school to see if there was an opportunity to update the grades and they said yes. Not sure if it will make a difference or not. We had some other schools requiring the SRAR so it was updated for those anyway.

How did you input 1st quarter grades? Did you put them in place of ā€œin progressā€ even though theyā€™re still in progress?

DD did not submit test scores. She received $20k a year-Engineering.

3 Likes

Sorry, OOS.

DD23 applied early Oct and had acceptance Oct 26. Merit letter came Nov 8 with the $20k per year for total $80K
Test optional
Engineering
4.0UW/4.7W GPA
Rank 2/331
OOS
16 AP plus honors and DE
No LOR
EC and holds a job.

4 Likes

We set it up by quarter. So quarter 1 put in the grades and then the remaining 3 quarters as in process

3 Likes

Our first quarter grades were finalized early November. So those are final and then Q2-Q4 in progress.

1 Like

Has anyone received a paper acceptance letter in the mail yet? My daughter was accepted 8/20 and hasnā€™t received anything in the mail, it just would make it feel more official!

No I donā€™t think they send a paper letter but they do send the super cute personalized video

3 Likes

Easy to print the letter from the portal.

1 Like

Sent in my sonā€™s first semester grades but was told he had to wait until January so they have a full half year of grades to review.

Had they previously requested his mid year grades before you submitted Q1?

@Hopetobeapittmom yeah did they ask for the grades in the first place?

They did. They sent a letter in Oct for mid year grades. I misunderstood and sent 1st MP grades. So now we will have send 1st and 2nd MP grades in Jan. My older two kids went to Pitt and didnt need to submit mid year grades so not used to this. Fingers crossed just a formality. If they didnt accept him, would t they flat out reject him?

I think they offer them a branch campus from what Iā€™ve seen

1 Like