University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

My son was offered a branch campus.

Did they notify you after you submitted Q1 thst they were still waiting for January to get Q2 before completing review?

So was mine. Still holding onto some hope she gets into main lol

I didn’t think it could be an option still

The letter can be downloaded as a PDF and printed.

Go to this link:
https://prd.ps.pitt.edu/psp/pitcsprd/EMPLOYEE/SA/s/WEBLIB_HCX_AD.H_APPL_STATUS.FieldFormula.IScript_Main

Sign in with the same login info you have for the Pitt Document Center (that your applicant would have received shortly after applying). On left-hand side is a tab that says “Admissions.” Beneath that is another tab, “Accept/Decline Admissions.” When you click on that tab, if you have the option to actually click BUTTONS to accept or decline, the applicant has been accepted.

For my son, those buttons showed up almost a week before his official letter was in the document center. Email didn’t come until a day after letter was in doc center. So seeing those buttons was the first sign he’d been accepted.

1 Like

Does anyone know of timelines for Merit based financial aid? D got into Swanson mid october and dont have any further updates. Thanks

Website says until mid March. So who knows??

Anyone else who got the “moving to the review phase” email on or after 10/20 hear from Pitt yet?

1 Like

My D23 got the review phase email on 10/27 (she submitted application 10/14) and she hasn’t heard anything since. Last time she checked doc center was Monday or Tuesday and there was nothing new in there. I haven’t had her check the buttons thing, maybe I should.

Guessing the volume of applications picks up tremendously once you get in to mid-October and after. We’re just trying to be patient, but it sure would be nice to hear something after reading about so many other kids getting their decisions and merit already. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I do agree that applications pick up significantly in October. August until mid-Sept. is a great time to apply, in my opinion. Best of luck

Yeah. Unfortunately where we live in NY, school doesn’t even start until after Labor Day and the GC isn’t really set up to start doing recommendation letters until October. My D was also waiting until she got SAT results back in the hopes of being better eligible for merit. It’s a balancing act!

Thanks for the responses. Agree with applying early. My daughter applied mid-September but her SRAR was incorrect in some way and she needed GC’s help to fix. She really loved this school so hoping for good news.

1 Like

Yeah, I get it. That’s just my opinion of the ideal time to appy. But many, many awesome applicants are accepted after that time frame. Might just take longer to find out about acceptance or merit. Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you! Good luck to everyone!

1 Like

We got this email around 10/14 and still nothing.

Definitely! NY here, as well. Pitt didn’t require a recommendation or official transcript, which enabled my daughter to apply in August. But she did already have an SAT score she was happy with, so that made it easier.

4 Likes

yeh I did the same thing and I applied on 8/1 and then got accepted on 8/30 :slight_smile:

1 Like

My S said that his portal changed today - it said that his application review was complete and there is an accept/decline button that seems to work. No letter yet. His guidance counselor said this means he’s accepted, but we’er calling it “sort of accepted” around the house. Hoping an official letter comes soon

6 Likes

Congrats!!