University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

My ds has accept/decline buttons this morning. App complete 10/17 for OOS nursing.

6 Likes

Just checked my portal this morning and it looks like I got my acceptance letter yesterday evening!! I applied on October 18th to the college of Business Administration on the main campus as a global management major! I am in-state so that might factor into decision time.

8 Likes

Did anyone hear about the Pitt Dental GAP? My son is waiting on the application process. Are you supposed to receive separate emails about the additional steps?

Congratulations!!! Iā€™m an international applicant and havenā€™t seen any changes in my portal yet

1 Like

Iā€™ve noticed many nursing and science majors acceptances thus far (congrats), but not many business majors yet. Is that fair to say?

Dd (business) applied end of October and didnt hear yet

S23 (OOS) applied to Business in August and was asked for midyear grades. That wonā€™t be till February for us. Hopefully, weā€™ll get a decision after that. Long time to wait!

My daughter applied in August and got mid-September acceptance. Her stats are shown on a prior post. Good luck to your student!

My son was accepted for business in late September (applied in August). Good luck!!!

1 Like

I think there are reasons that it could seem this way, even if it isnā€™t:

CBA has a class of about 350; Dietrich (that includes science majors) has nearly 10X as many students. Other stem majors (engineering and CS/IS) combine for another 800 or so. There will be fewer CBA acceptances because there are fewer applicants.

Nursing is also a smaller program (under 200 seats), but has been Pittā€™s most competitive college for years. In general, direct admit nursing is super competitive, so there may well be more participants on boards like CC who are trying to figure out nursing application strategies.

CBA did see a huge increase in applications last year, so itā€™s possible they are deliberating longer in an attempt to be more selective, but my guess is that you arenā€™t hearing as frequently about more CBA acceptances here on CC because there are that many fewer CBA applicants.

2 Likes

Same

1 Like

I was accepted six hours ago!! I submitted my application on Nov.18. Itā€™s so fast and incredible!!

3 Likes

Really? On a Sunday? We have been waiting since 10/14. Congratulations to you!

1 Like

I bet yours will arrive soon!! Gook luck to you!

Are you sure? Why do you think you are accepted? Itā€™s been three days since submittal which includes a weekend. I doubt anyone has even looked an your application yet.

1 Like

I think Iā€™m in because I got an email from the admission office lol. And I got a fantastic video in the email which congrates me. Perhaps Iā€™m an international applicant so the process is faster, but Iā€™m not sure. Wish you good luck!

Sorry I made a typo. I submitted my application on Nov.11 and they reviewed it on Nov.18. :rofl:

Congrats. What is your major and some stats?

For those you that got accepted, did you get formal emails? My kid just looked at her portal and it just has the ā€œacceptā€ or ā€œdenyā€ buttons on a page in the portal. Seems odd that she would not have received a formal notice.

Sort of. I got an email about a link to my admissions documents on the 18th of September, but I was accepted the 19th. I also got a link the 21st, which didnā€™t notify me of any update to my portal.