University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

Congratulations to your daughter! My student got the GAP acceptance at the same time as well, but no merit. I wonder if going test optional is part of it.

Did you hear anything?

1 Like

The wait is too stressful. Would like to know one way (hopefully) or another

2 Likes

Still no update.

1 Like

My daughter got the update. Thank you for keeping me company today.

1 Like

I just got an update too. See below:
“We congratulate you on your admission to the University of Pittsburgh. We would like to inform you of your eligibility to apply to our School of Medicine’s Guaranteed Admit Program.”

7 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

My son got the same update

5 Likes

Now waiting for an email from School of Med to complete the Med GAP application.

2 Likes

Congratulations to all the kiddos that made the cut for GAP Medicine. Would you mind sharing stats or whatever you think worked well in your favor?

1 Like

Congratulations.

2 Likes

Congratulations

GPA: 4.0 UW
Honors and AP Classes: A few
Test optional
Many clinical physician/doctor shadowing, laboratory research and healthcare related volunteering activities

2 Likes

Thank you! That sounds incredible! sorry to bother you with some more questions. Would an applicant indicate all of this in their essay? Do you upload a resume? Or is there an entire application to fill out where you can list extracurriculars and volunteering information? Apologies for the bother and congratulations again! @johnmaysf @akpman @privatems @Chepurp

1 Like

I used the Pitt application and submitted my resume sharing my healthcare activities. Yes, I mentioned some selected healthcare activities in my assays.

3 Likes

My daughter has similar creds as @johnmaysf, but reported test scores. And submitted pitt app along with resume.

3 Likes

@johnmaysf congrats to you. You are a strong applicant who obviously is knowledgeable about how to let admins know out your experiences. All the best on your next application. You can do this! 1 step at a time for anyone applying for big awards!

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

Congratulations :tada:

1 Like

any email yet?