University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

Same ours went into review 10/14. I am starting to worry.

2 Likes

Are you OOS, @WorriedBSParent , @rkamin ? What programs did your student apply to?

OOS. Dietrich School. Seeing the high stats posted here makes me think chances are not great.

1 Like

We are OOS too but for School of Computing and Information - computer science - which is very competitive. We will see. We still have some hope! lol.

I also read that decisions are now taking 6-8 weeks but I donā€™t know if itā€™s 6-8 weeks from application submission or from when the application went in review.

1 Like

We are OOS and my son also applied for CS. His app went to review on 10/31 and heā€™s still waiting for a decision. Good luck to your child!

1 Like

Good luck to your kid too! I believe theyā€™re accepting the super high stats kids first in CS. And then thereā€™s my kid! Itā€™s still relatively early and within the 6-8 week window.

1 Like

The time it takes could also be dependent on the admissions counselor assigned. I also so many kids getting a request for mid year grades or being accepted to a branch campus.

Hmmā€¦I seeā€¦Yes, saw a lot of applicants hear back with an acceptance to a branch campus. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who they offer admission to next!

Undeclared at SCI. Weā€™re out of state.

1 Like

DD got the accept/decline buttons today but how do we know if heā€™s accepted to the main or branch campus - would he need to wait for the official acceptance letter? We put pittsburgh as 1st choice, and Bradford as 2nd choice.

1 Like

Good question! I have no idea! Congrats to your DD!

1 Like

When my son got the buttons, it said Dietrich school of arts and sciences, which is only at the Pitt campus. I believe it should say the name of the branch campus on that accept/decline button if they were accepted to the branch. Shouldnā€™t need to wait for the acceptance letter.

1 Like

Thank you! Doesnā€™t say ā€œBradfordā€ anywhere on the page - and he got into Dietrich School of Art Sci for Environmental Science so I hope it means Pitt campus.

2 Likes

Where is the button? Do we check ā€œPitt document centerā€ to find out the result?

Go to this link:
https://prd.ps.pitt.edu/psp/pitcsprd/EMPLOYEE/SA/s/WEBLIB_HCX_AD.H_APPL_STATUS.FieldFormula.IScript_Main

Sign in with the same login info you have for the Pitt Document Center (that your applicant would have received shortly after applying). On left-hand side is a tab that says ā€œAdmissions.ā€ Beneath that is another tab, ā€œAccept/Decline Admissions.ā€ When you click on that tab, if you have the option to actually click BUTTONS to accept or decline, the applicant has been accepted.

For my son, those buttons showed up almost a WEEK before his official letter was in the document center. Email didnā€™t come until a day after letter was in doc center. So seeing those buttons was the first sign heā€™d been accepted.

1 Like

Just checked the system and there is a ā€œto doā€ item to send mid year grades - will we also get a letter about that or just the task?

1 Like

With my sonā€™s app going to review 10/31 Iā€™m staying hopeful until the end of the year. :crossed_fingers: Itā€™s so hard to be patient though! OOS, Dietrich, academic reach.

1 Like

My daughter received the same request this morning- send mid term grades. Not sure what to make of that.

Update! My son got the accept/decline buttons this morning!

8 Likes

Did she send in scores or go test optional? We are still waiting to hear something since 10/14.