University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

Same! Applied 10/14.

Have accepted/decline button, but above that it says ā€œapplication statusā€, when click the status, it says pending.

Is that a good thing if u get accept/decline button?

Typo, good sign

She went test optional.

What you have is the Accept/Decline tab thatā€™s available to everyone. When you click that, thereā€™s probably nothing there. If you click the tab above which is Application Status, it will say complete (instead of pending) once they make a decision.

1 Like

Anyone know how common it is for Pitt to ask for mid year grades?

Here is my hunch. My nephew is a very good student with stats to get into Pitt. He went test optional. He was asked for mid year grades. Iā€™m thinking this is strategic policy for Pitt now with test optional students. My opinion only. Lots of people on this thread are in the same boat.

2 Likes

I can tell you that last year, my son applied to all 10 of his schools on the same day - oct 15. He did not hear back from Pitt until late December and he was told to send mid December grades. I figured that something was going on bc in this forum ppl who applied much later than he did were hearing back. Ultimately he was accepted but it was well into March. He was also test optional. He ended up not attending.

4 Likes

My son applied 10/12 and heard back week of Thanksgiving with the buttons and received acceptance letter in doc. center from business school a few days later. He is waiting to hear on honors program. His stats:
OOS
3.83 gpa, competitive private school
30 ACT
6 APs, rest honor level classes.
3 varsity sports, Capt in 1 and lots of leadership activities.

Do you mind sharing your sonā€™s stats? I feel like my son had pretty good package but perhaps stats of accepted CS applicants were better.

He submitted above average SAT and so far, no request for mid year grades.

1 Like

Sure.

OOS
3.5 uw/4.0 w, competitive public school
1460 SAT
8 APs + MV Calc and Linear Algebra
Biggest EC is his schoolā€™s Robotics Club where he is the Programming Lead

1 Like

Someone said that they were very excited about getting accept/ decline button. I thought that was a good sign. Thanks for the information.

2 Likes

My son submitted test scores and was also asked for mid-year grades.

My D23 applied test optional 9/11/22 to Dietrich and was accepted 9/20/22. She is maybe one of the rare TO ones maybe that wasnā€™t asked for mid year grades?

My D23 also applied test optional on 9/11, accepted 9/29/2022. No request for mid year grades. OOS.

1 Like

Maybe my theory is wrong. I do have a second nephew who also applied test optional and got into the business school today. But my other test optional nephew was asked for mid-term grades. Good to know there are plenty of T.O. applicants that are not asked for mid-term grades.

Itā€™s hard to know what they are thinking when making these decisions. My son also applied TO and was admitted to the business school.

Maybe it depends on grades if they ask or not? We are still waiting to hear something anxiously. Wondering if anyone has received rejections yet.

Iā€™m also thinking along with grades, they really take into account how much a student challenged themselves with coursework within the context of what was available to students at their high schools. Perhaps they do this more so without test scores.