University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

Got the ‘moving to review phase’ email on 11/15, and since then…crickets. Is this unusual, or just indicative of what happens when you don’t apply early enough?

1 Like

They said, Usually it will take 6-8 weeks

1 Like

Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences would be the most lax school to get into. But I am not saying it’s easy to get into Pitt. The details about scores/gpas for each school is on Pitt’s website. So explore the majors within that school.

Another thought – Pitt has the College of General Studies for unconventional undergrads, but regular undergrads can take evening classes that are in CGS. If CGS is an option on the application, that would be unusual, but might be worth exploring with an admissions rep. The clases in this school would start at 4 p.m. and later. Not sure if this is possible for an incoming undergrad, but I know this college exists and is there for students who may work during the day or who are going back to school.

The undergrad major for Public Health just started in 2021-2022. Just letting the thread know.

1 Like

Congrats on the $20K, that’s old school for Pitt! Whoot whoot

2 Likes

Lots of students are accepted after mid year grades are submitted. In my opinion, I think Pitt is asking for them more often, especially from students who applied TO, but not exclusively for TO kids. And not all TO kids are asked for mid year transcript. I just think it happens more often now.

1 Like

DD just found her acceptance letter in her portal. She has not received an email yet, but her accept/decline buttons are active.
She applied late October, moved to next stage December 7, and letter was added today. Biological Sciences major.
She applied TO, and she was not asked for mid-year grades.
She also applied to the Honors College and there was nothing about that or merit aid in her letter.

2 Likes

thank you. My son applied w test scores so it seems there is a mix

1 Like

Daughter accepted 2-3 weeks ago but no word on $.

Am hoping no news is good news, but getting nervous.

1 Like

Merit can come (or not come) any time from acceptance until March. Applications are reviewed by the merit committee weekly. If they don’t receive any in one week’s review, they get put back in the pile to be reviewed again the following week.

Honors will not be released until the end of February or even as late as the beginning of March. Those decisions are released at one time.

1 Like

Same with us! My son submitted 10/31, got an email on Nov 7 saying application is moving to review phase and we’re still waiting!

For those waiting for merit, @CCName1 is right. It can come at any time and it may never come. My D22 who is a Stamps Scholar was NOT awarded any merit before receiving a full scholarship!! Crazy! Have hope, but I do know for in state students, Pitt is a great value comparitively, even with no merit. Good luck!

1 Like

Is it worth inquiring to get an idea of timeline?

Accepted 10/17. Son inquired with the school and basically told to wait until March. He’s CS so im not giving it much hope. Ive only seen one kid on multiple boards who received merit.

dd just got the “accept/reject” buttons. no email yet. applied on oct 27 - business admin

1 Like

Are those buttons always there?

no, they appeared once application turned from Pending to complete

Mine is pending, button is there.

when you click on that blue bar below “application status”, do you have anything that says “accept” or “deny”?

Same for my ds. accept decline button showed up when the application went from pending to completed. also applied on oct 27 and also school of business.

1 Like