University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

No later than March 1 for incoming first years.

1 Like

I forgot to add that I got the merit money after I committed to Pitt. Does anyone know if merit money can be used for non-tuition expenses such as books, meal memberships etc.?

2 Likes

Is the PA scholars interviews done? my daughter got her acceptance long back but nothing about PA scholars. Does that mean she is not in running for it anymore?

2 Likes

I have no idea how one knows where the process is for the PA Scholars applicants or Honors College. I think only admissions knows at this point.

2 Likes

Update - Twin B got accepted on 12/22. I think the admissions office is closed from 12/23 -1/2.

10 Likes

My son got accepted 12/21 for Computer Science!!! He didn’t get to check until today - we went out of town for Christmas and he forgot his log in info LOL. We are very grateful!

10 Likes

Applied 12/1, got accepted for Mathematics (first choice, so yay!!!) on 12/20, OOS. Waiting on any aid if possible! super excited as i really didnt know if id get in

9 Likes

That was quick!! Way to go!! Good luck on the aid! My daughter is at Pitt and loves it.

2 Likes

What is Pitt’s reputation with respect to merit aid (we’re OOS)? My son has received some decent offers from similar public schools so far (Iowa, Minnesota, invited to apply for selective scholarships at Indiana) . . . just don’t know what to expect from Pitt.

I believe OOS max merit aid is $20K? That also doesn’t count the invite-only scholarships, which are extremely competitive. Anecdotally, it seems like amount of aid may vary by school/major since CS seems to get less. However, since this is based on my reading of CC threads, that could be a small sample bias.

2 Likes

Has anyone who applied mid-October heard about merit aid? DD accepted, 36 ACT, 4.0 uw. Also applied for a TE scholarship. Haven’t heard anything about merit.

1 Like

She should get her regular merit aid offer any day now. Check the document center as a letter will appear there before an email notification is sent. What college/major did she apply to? CS aid might be lagging behind.

Notice of TE will come later. Can’t remember where I got the info but in my spreadsheet I have “Holistic no tests, end of Feb. No waitlist.”

2 Likes

My D23 applied 10/14 to the School of Computing and Information. She got her acceptance in early December and notice of merit award (10k/yr) a bit later, 12/15 is in my notes.

So hang in there! I don’t know if applying for TE changes the timeline at all though. There is a separate thread where people are posting their merit awards, generally including the time frame it took to hear back.

1 Like

Is your student a CS major?

My son was accepted to the Johnstown campus. If he appeals and asks to go to main campus, what are the chances they will let him “transfer”?

1 Like

@MRichards74 My DD was accepted to engineering back in Oct. A week later she had her merit letter for $20k a year-total $80. Requires keeping a 3.1 GPA or higher.

4 Likes

My DS applied to engineering on Nov 1, completed the SRAR the next day, and received the “moving to review phase” email on Nov 17, and still no decision as of now (nothing under “to dos” or “holds” on the portal either). I wonder how many other students with similar application time are still waiting for a decision?

That seems to be within the margin of my daughter’s path (CS.) Her application went to review the first week of November and she heard on Dec. 16th (exactly 6 weeks.) When you figure the office was closed last week, I don’t think it’s unusual that he hasn’t heard yet.

My daughter submitted on 10/21 and went to review on 10/27. And nothing (including no request for mid-year grades)

1 Like

Not sure
 I know PSU does this where if someone gets admitted to a satellite campus that they can ask to be reconsidered for a different major. I think they are trying to fill their other campuses. For mine, she wouldn’t go to a different campus.