University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

Sorry I sounded bitter. It’s the wine talking lol

I apologize for asking again, but has anyone received an admission package? If so, how long did it take after you have gotten an acceptance letter electronically? Thank you!

2 Likes

I don’t think my son has received one and he was accepted in early December.

You mean like a package in the mail? I’m not sure they do that. I don’t remember my kids getting anything, though this was in prior years. They do send marketing stuff trying to get you to commit and I think in the spring there is housing info though I’m not sure the brochures were mailed or picked up at an accepted students day.

Now that I think about it, the housing info came after you paid your deposit but still not sure if it’s mail or just electronic.

2 Likes

I did reply to you and I said you would eventually get something in the mail, with a poster, which is what my kid got, three months after acceptance.

I’m not sure what else you’re expecting.
There’ll be a full financial aid breakdown at some point, via email, I expect. That’s pretty much it.

Anyone knows when the honor decision will come out?

3 Likes

Last year, the Honors results came out on Feb 28. Pitt Honors Discussion and Results 2022, Class of 2026 - #29 by Elaine_Kulick_Smith

Kid (admitted in September, for those following along) just got an email from admissions inviting him to connect on something called Panther Link, which is a student connection service of some sort.
So check y’all’s emails.

Email text:
"We know this is an exciting time full of new opportunities, and we’re here to help as you navigate the big decisions before you.

We invite you to join Panther Link, our platform for connecting new students with the Pitt community. Here you will have the opportunity to talk with current students from a variety of backgrounds, both personal and academic. The community will have fellow admitted and incoming first-year students looking to learn more about campus life and all the wonderful opportunities here at the University of Pittsburgh."

Oooh, just realized they sent one to parents also - separate parent channel or whatever in the same link.
Hopefully this will make up for the lack of a 2027 FB parents group :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You will get it eventually. Last year they sent a fold out poster with the accepted students name, confetti, stickers and a congratulations letter. It was a fun acceptance package. I believe it came in early april??? This is from 2022!!!

7 Likes

Still waiting as well. Applied to Pitt business school on 10/26 and moved to review phase on 11/15.

2 Likes

Thank you. I was about to ask also. My son was admitted in late December but he hasn’t received anything in the mail. Other schools where he was accepted through EA have all sent packets.

1 Like

Hi there, just joining. My son was notified on Sunday that he is waitlisted and it was suggested we send a Letter of Continued Interest provided Pitt accepts them. I can’t find anything to suggest they do not, or do for that matter. Anybody know?
Thanks!

1 Like

Definitely send a letter of continued interest. Highlight any additional honors, awards, job, volunteering etc that they have received or participated in since they sent their application. Send transcript with updated grades.

1 Like

My daughter was also waitlisted. In the letter they sent there is a form to fill out and you select that you want to be kept on the waitlist

1 Like

So last year Pitt received 53,000 applications where the year before it was 34,000. What’s the over/under on more than 60,000 this year? The number from my son’s school doubled this year.

2 Likes

I will take the over. It’s a hot school right now.

2 Likes

What is COA for OOS student pursuing CS? I see ~$42K but I don’t think it includes room and board. If that is the case, then is the cost closer to $52K+ similar to Penn State?

Where can we find this information? (Number of applications, and how many people are accepted?) Applications at my sons school also went up significantly this year.

The ~$42K that you mentioned is just tuition and fees (for an OOS CS student). You can go to this page and add up the bits that apply to you in order to get an estimate of total costs, but I don’t know for sure if the costs listed have been updated for 2023-2024: Tuition & Fees - Financial Aid | University of Pittsburgh

Google the Pitt Common Data Set. Every school has to complete one for the Department of Education.

1 Like