University of Pittsburgh Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

My daughter applied August 4th, was accepted August 29th but didn’t receive the congratulations video email until Sept 6th. We found out by accident she was accepted on Aug 29th as we checked the portal to ensure all docs were received and saw the acceptance letter. So keep an eye on the portal :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you to all on this forum! We got the letter in the portal tonight. Good luck all!

3 Likes

3.7 gpa unweighted because of one year i messed up but the other two we all As
all ap and honors classs 4 duel enrollment class from pitt good essay and extra curriculars

2 Likes

Will the dashboard show then the application is in review? Or will it still show as “Pending” and we would get an email? Anyone with decisions who applied in Sept?

From my understanding and reading it will stay in “Pending” and go to completed when it is done. I don’t think it ever actually says “IN review” but I am not 100% clear on this. My daughter’s has been in Pending for about 4 weeks now, no To-dos, as far as I know everything is correct…patiently waiting but getting impatient :woozy_face:

1 Like

S24 got an email to register for Decision Day for a visit. He was trying to register for a date in March or April, but it looks like only November 27th is available for now. Hopefully a glitch. We will fly in from California, so I would like to register for the date before booking any flights.
S24 has never been to Pittsburgh but I don’t think he will be able to take more than one day off from school. I hope the Decision Day events will be enough to give him a good feel for the school and city.

Yes it will stay in pending until it is marked complete. So far no one has reported a “in review” status.

1 Like

See if you can a date during your spring break. We visited in April this year. Weather is nicer in spring.

1 Like

Unfortunately there are no Decision Days during his Spring Break (end of March). We are thinking of planning for March 1/2 which will leave April 5th open for a backup date in case our flight gets cancelled. Am I correct in thinking that it is much better to visit during Decision Day than just any random weekend?

we also got the same email. My daughter was also in contact with the UPITT counsellor who will be visiting her school and was told that the dates for the admissions day next year in March and later will be shared in the coming months. So we plan to wait and then enroll for sometime next year!.

1 Like

I just got the buttons yesterday to accept! Now I am just waiting for an official document or email.

1 Like

Is Admission Day different from Decision Days? Thanks for the update and advice.
We will wait to book hotel and flights until late October once there is more guidance. It’s the only school he hasn’t visited and it is high on his list so I just want to make sure we don’t leave things to the last minute.

i am sorry i meant decision day not admission day. Per the email the events on this day will be geared towards helping students making the decision to enroll. if you havent visited yet, you could book for October. We did the Blue and Gold Day in August and that is when my DD fell in love with the school. Cheers!

1 Like

can documents be uploaded over the weekend

DD applied on 9/9 via UPitt
Did not receive any confirmation or account verification email
Checked portal yesterday 9/14 for status, was confused to see the accept/decline button. Searched the internet and realized it meant she was accepted (anti-climactic lol)
Still waiting for email and official acceptance document in the document center.

Dietrich, OOS, 1570 SAT superscore, 3.85 uw gpa, 10APs done, 5APs pending
Hoping she gets merit award or it would be too expensive for us

2 Likes

Assuming these dates are current on Pitt’s website if helpful for planning: Admissions | University of Pittsburgh

Decision Day Event Dates

• November 27
  • February 23
  • March 1
  • March 2
  • April 5
  • April 6
  • April 12
  • April 13
  • April 17 (Virtual ONLY)
2 Likes

So far only registration for November 27th is possible. It’s nice to have the dates to start planning and looking for flights.

Yesterday, I got the email telling me to check the document center.

I got two new things:
Acceptance letter (AWESOME, but not surprising seeing the buttons to accept or decline days earlier)
Guaranteed admission into the Engineering Accelerated Master’s program (Huge surprise! No idea that you could get that through your application)

5 Likes

A few questions-

If you apply for the honors program, they will still give a general decision soon, and then honors decision later/ is that correct?

Pitt requires official scores from college board, correct?
Some schools are just self report and send them later.

If you send your SAT scores from college board to a college , do they automatically send your AP scores too?

Thanks!

Yes, you may hear about admission to the university before the honors college if it is still early in the admissions cycle. College Board allows you to choose which scores you want to send. You can send all the scores, or just the ones you select. If you want to be sure, there are YouTube videos to walk you through the process. If you want them there faster, you can expedite the scores too.