University of Pittsburgh Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

Accepted in August and still waiting on the accepted video and email :grinning:

Same here! Accepted 8/28 and no video yet, but did receive an email inviting her to sign up for an admitted student day.

2 business days since butttons appeared no letter in doc center

1 Like

My daughter ended up calling. They know it is a glitch in their system. They wouldn’t give her any information to confirm her acceptance and later that night she received the letter.

2 Likes

How can the student tell the status of the application? We aren’t seeing it on the mypitt portal.

It’s confusing! Look for

1 Like

Thanks! I’m being told the portal doesn’t look like this…

Did you go to MyPitt, then click on the PeopleSoft Icon, then look at the left sidebar? MRRB_SE posted a close-up of the sidebar. Click on Admissions, the Application Status.

should i do anything i got my accept and decline buttons thursday but i have not received any official letters in document center

That worked. Thanks so much!

1 Like

I know it’s hard, but I think you have to be patient!

I would wait a few more days before contacting them. As long as you see the Accept/decline buttons then it seems you have been accepted according to this screenshot from the Pitt website:

Anyone that has been accepted receive merit money yet?

No. I am wondering if it is reasonable to assume that the earlier you were accepted in the admissions cycle, the earlier you are likely to hear if you are receiving any merit aid. Maybe that is false logic. Our decision to apply/not apply to some other schools would be made easier if we knew what the COA at Pitt would be.

1 Like

I read it somewhere that scholarship committee only meets in October.

1 Like

From Pitt website:
The Scholarship Committee begins reviewing candidates and awarding scholarships in early October. If you would like to increase your chances for a scholarship, it is in your best interest to apply as early as possible. The amount of available scholarship funding decreases as the awarding process gets closer to the December 1 deadline. Again, apply early!

I was reading the admission thread last year and some posted about merit offers after the first week of October.

3 Likes

From the second page of the acceptance letter from Pitt

“When will I hear about Pitt Scholarships?
Students submitting a completed application for admission, along with their personal statement or Common Application essay, by December 1, are automatically reviewed for merit scholarships. The Scholarship Committee meets from October through February and reviews admitted candidates on a weekly basis. It is not uncommon for the Committee to review a student’s credentials several times before making a final decision. Therefore, while some
students are informed of a scholarship award shortly after being admitted, many more are not notified until much later. All students selected to receive a scholarship will be notified no later than March 1.”

Looks like some get merit offers as early as October, but many will be waiting a while.

1 Like

how long does it take to recieve a official letter i got accepted last thursday

My daughter also got the accept/decline buttons last Thursday and her acceptance letter was in the documents folder the next day (Friday).

you think i should email

1 Like