University of Pittsburgh Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

Send an email to pitt.admissions@pitt.edu with your Pitt ID and say you haven’t received any email. My daughter did that about 2 hours ago, and an hour later, the video was in her email. Worth a shot!

1 Like

Submitted Common App - Dietrich - Sept 20
“Activate your Pitt Applicant Account” email - Sept 25
“Account successfully activated” - Sept 26
Academic Interest Change (Dietrich to SCI) - Oct 3
All other materials (SAT, SRAR) received - Oct 5

How much longer do you guys think it should take to hear back?

I think you’ll probably hear this week or next.

Thanks for the good idea! Sending an email might also signify that D is seriously interested in enrolling at Pitt.

1 Like

Yes, definitely! Good luck. The video is pretty cool, my daughter got a kick out of it!

1 Like

Yes, it appears more significant merit awards are given to OOS students. Is anyone aware of the highest amount of merit aid that has been given to instate?

The max I have seen in last year’s thread was $10k/year for instate and $20k/yr for oos.

2 Likes

My daughter was also complete on 10/5. The quickest turnaround seems to be 5 days from the date of completion.

1 Like

Can anyone provide the link to the admissions status portal? Daughter”s link was locked out last night and peoplesoft icon just takes her to a page that says you have been signed out, no way to log back in. Document center still works but no way to access from there either.

Try pi.tt/studentcenter

1 Like

passport.pitt.edu/idp/profile/SAML2/POST/SSO?execution=e1s1 for the document center

1 Like

Can anyone else provide an estimate based on how long it took for you?

@1610satscorer , the quickest turnaround seems to be 5 days from the date of completion.

FWIW, several years ago my son applied in October and didn’t hear back until February. They requested his mid year grades before making a decision. Pitt says the average time to hear is 4-6 weeks after submittal but it can vary in either direction. It’s not really first come first served.

My d applied 8/22 and accept decline buttons appeared 9/1. Super fast but also applied early, so assume admissions less busy🤷🏻‍♀️

FYI - daughter just got an email saying that her application has been completed and verified and has moved to the review phase. She submitted it 9/24, SRAR was completed 9/25, people soft ID 9/28. Since then it has shown as pending in myPitt

Hadn’t seen anyone else mention this letter, thought I would share in case it means anything :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I got the same email, but in my portal, i got the Pitt Accept Decline Admissions thing so I don’t know if I’m accepted or not.

I just got an email “Your application is moving to the review phase”… more waiting lol

I got the same email this afternoon with “Your application is moving to the review phase”, so I checked my student center. My application is marked complete. On the Accept/Decline admissions tab, it showed the Dietrich School of Arts and Science, major as Pre-Physical Therapy and it had the accept/decline buttons.

6 Likes

Okay great maybe she’s close to decision now. I hadn’t heard about this email until I saw it today.