University of Pittsburgh Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

Lol now it’s pending but shows major as undeclared so even more confused. (It was poli sci)

I asked admission the question about undeclared major. They told me that all students entering Dietrich Art & Science as undeclared and declare major only at the end of sophomore year.

2 Likes

Congrats! When did you submit the application and when did they receive all of your application materials?

1 Like

There is some ebb and flow to how long it takes to get a decision. In general, August applications usually take a couple of weeks because they seem to be gearing up their review process and systems. Late August/September/sometimes early October applications can be lightning fast. From October on, the timeframe can take much longer because that’s when they get hit with the highest volumes of applications.

As others have said, though, there are many, many exceptions to my generalization. The actual time might vary based on a lot of factors, including desired undergraduate college/program, applicants’ grades/rigor, and so on.

From this point forward, it’s going to be really hard to compare response times.

1 Like

I “think” my son got an acceptance! (Had the email update that his is under review then the accept/decline button came up) 2 questions - he applied for the guaranteed admission to PT seat. Does anyone know when that acceptance comes out? If he doesn’t get it is his major still pre physical therapy? Or undeclared? Next question, I didn’t see anything about housing. Has anyone out a deposit down yet? What is housing situation there like? TIA congrats to those accepted already!

Congrats! I don’t know how it works for PT, but for PA, my daughter was accepted for pre-PA, and got another letter in the document center stating that she has to provide 3 LORs and another essay to be considered for the GAP program. There are only 15 spaces open for that, and they don’t make the determination on who gets them until next Spring.

9/18 Submitted Application
9/20 Completed SRAR
9/25 Received Peoplesoft ID letter
10/10 Application status complete with accept/decline buttons
Hoping to receive official letter soon!

1 Like

Housing is no longer first come, first served as it was in 2020 and earlier. As long as you pay the deposit by the spring deadline, you have an equal chance at getting your preferences met. Housing assignments are released in mid- to late-summer.

Pitt guarantees housing for 3 years. Because the classes have been bigger in recent years, getting the housing apartment-style upperclassmen prefer was harder last year, as was keeping roommate groups together, but Pitt continues to guarantee it for 3 years.

1 Like

@Havayorkie My son applied DPT Guarantee as well. Admission told us that it’s a separated review for DPT guarantee and decision will be out in spring. Regarding major, all students entering Dietrich Art & Science as undeclared. They only declare major by end of sophomore year. You can choose from majors in Art & Science as well as applying majors from upper division School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences. Pre-Physical Therapy label is used to assign advisor. Students declared as Pre-PT will be assigned to advisor who knows this process well so they will be on track to apply PT school later.

4 Likes

Thank you!!! Good luck! Any idea how many seats are for guaranteed admission?

1 Like

Thanks this was very helpful!!

1 Like

@Havayorkie Good luck to your son too. Unfortunately, I cannot find out how many seats reserved for guarantee anywhere. But even without guarantee, they still can apply PT school once they complete undergrad. Pitt offers good resources to get them on track.

1 Like

Thanks! Very helpful information as we wait it out.

DD applied 9.4
SRAR sent 9.11
Buttons 9.13
Acceptance letter 9.15

Admitted students day 11.27 :muscle:t4:

5 Likes

What major? In state or oos?

I applied September 7
October 1 I saw the buttons
October 5 I got the admission letter in the document center !
October 10 I got an email with video saying to check my document center
I applied to school of information and computing intending to major in cs
Stats
1390 sat
3.89 unweighted
4.26 weighted

5 Likes

Also I’m from Virginia

Pre-med (all come in as undeclared though) in state

Applied on 10/ 27
SRAR sent same day
SAT on 10/3
email on review status on 10/10
Button seen 10/11

Should we press accept ? Will it be binding?

1 Like

You will lose your deposit if you don’t attend, if you consider this binding.

1 Like