University of Pittsburgh Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

I am by no means an expert, so hopefully we both receive at a later date! I always try to stay positive with this process so lets hope we receive:) That would be great as you saw looking back at previous years they were notified later! Thanks for the update!

1 Like

I believe guarantee to PA, DPT, dental and medicine all have separated review process so decision won’t release till later. I hope Pitt can have more detail instruction and timeline of each guarantee offering in their web page.

1 Like

Last year, my son applied on 10/11 and received his decision on 11/10. This year, my son applied the end of August and received his decision on 9/15. The “rolling” aspect of rolling admissions is real!

2 Likes

Got an admit!!
Son applied for engineering.
Applied Oct 7th.
Checked portal this weekend, found the admit letter and accept/decline buttons. No notification email :slight_smile:

Stats

Good luck to everyone else who has applied fo Pitt!!

3 Likes

so they processed on the weekend ?

11/6 Personalized Video Received via email

2 Likes

Just got into college of computing for comp bio!
Admitted 11/6
Applied 10/13
No merit or honors as of yet

1540, 14 APs, 3.95 UW, Solid ECs (Multiple internships, paid leadership and research internships respectively among other stuff)

9 Likes

Thought I would help you all with ur estimates based on my timeline

Submitted Common App - Dietrich - 09/20

“Activate your Pitt Applicant Account” email - 09/25

“Account successfully activated” - 09/26

People Soft letter - 09/26

Academic Interest Change (Dietrich to School of Computing and Info) - 10/03

All other materials (SAT, SRAR) received - 10/05

Application under review email - 10/10

Accept/Decline buttons - 10/18 (Computational Biology within school of computing and info)

Letter in document center - 10/19

Personalized video - 10/24

Now waiting for merit……

2 Likes

Congrats! My stats/activity sounds really similar to yours lol and same Major too!

1 Like

Congrats to all who have been accepted. I was wondering if anyone can inform as to how we are informed if a decision has been made. the accept/decline button email.

it’s not an accept/decline button email - it’s just that under Application Status, it will say “complete” and the accept/decline buttons show up there. that’s the first thing you will notice. then within 1-2 days after that, you will see an acceptance letter in the Document Center. if you have not bookmarked these websites/urls, you probably should because they are not always easy to find.

2 Likes

our last document is - people soft ID letter. dated oct 30 2023.
nothing after that

Would really appreciate it if anyone can add the link to log in to see the application status here.

here you go:

sorry just realized you asked for the link - i think it’s a personalized link that Pitt sent you when you applied.

1 Like

Thank you. says complete application on Oct 27th. Nothing after.

so on the left column (bar?) of that same screen underneath application status it says “Accept/Decline Admissions” - click on that to see if the buttons are there and you will have your answer.

1 Like

The link is simple https://my.pitt.edu/

This will bring up a page of apps

The PeopleSoft/HighPointCX app has the application information

The Document Center has admissions and merit letters.

1 Like

Thank you. application status says pending. so I was wrong in thinking it is complete…

Thank you. Got it

1 Like

Given the time of year, it’s reasonable to expect that a lot of recent applicants will have a longer timeline than what has been reported earlier in the cycle. While it may still happen for some, no one should necessarily expect a 7-10 day turnaround at this point.

4 Likes