University of Pittsburgh Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

we are still awaiting the offical email, my D acceptance letter was on the portal on 8/24. Do we still wait for the email and the video(my daughter is so anxious about it) or is this something we should contact the admissions team for?

2 Likes

The official acceptance is the letter in the document center. So no need to worry. The email will show up. Just double check the spam folder. But with the long weekend things could be delayed.

2 Likes

Did you check spam folder?

1 Like

D24 applied 8/26, buttons 9/7, letters today 9/9. Arts&Sci

1 Like

That’s super fast! Do you mind to share stats?

Congrats. Pls share stats if possible

1 Like

DD accepted nursing, applied 8/15, document letter and guaranteed MSN/PhD in document center 8/30. GPA uw4.0/w4.2, highest rigor at public HS, SAT 1480, many ECs, great essay. In State. Will likely attend. Good luck all!

5 Likes

Congrats to your daughter!
Do you know how many bsn students there are in each cohort?

I don’t, except they did make it sound like the acceptance rate at Pitt was particularly difficult, the number they quoted to us was 16%. I can’t remember how many students on main campus that they have in any given year

2 Likes

Just so people know, the BSN program at Pitt is fantastic. Easily within an “Ivy League” of nursing programs. So it is very much the kind of program where you can be done with this whole process once admitted (if you want, of course).

5 Likes

yeah i’m applying to school of nursing with all possible advanced class taken and one bad year of school but other 2 had straight As the bad year was sophomore but i took 3 duel enrollment classes at pitt chem apush web design

2 Likes

usually 190 bsn freshman at main

2 Likes

we had asked this question to the admissions team and they had mentioned the cohort was around 200-220.

1 Like

we did, no email yet :frowning: but we have the admit letter so hopefully all is good here.

Sharing stats from 2023 freshman class.

8 Likes

Wow! Larger than we thought!

8/1 still waiting DD applied to Dietrich.

1 Like

Submitted everything including SRAR on August 4th for the school of nursing. Just heard back today with accept/decline on the dashboard. When does the email come though for those who have gotten one?

1 Like

we are still waiting the email, but saw the acceptance letters uploaded to the document center within 2 days of the accept/decline button. So please keep an eye there. All the best and congratulations!

4 Likes

thanks! Did the acceptance letter show what campus they got in to? (main, Greensburg johnstown)

2 Likes