University of Pittsburgh Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

Yes, the acceptance letter shows the campus location. Ours said Pittsburgh.

1 Like

Waiting for so long with just pending is tough. Best of luck to anyone still in that boat.

4 Likes

Yes. At the very top of the letter before the “Dear Student”

This gives me hope! We submitted 8/1 for nursing and still waiting

3 Likes

We applied on 8/12 to Dietrich and still have not heard back. We are OOS. Getting anxious but I haven’t seen much activity for Dietrich so trying to be patient.

Breaking news We just got the accept /decline buttons but nothing in the Document Center yet. Trying to remain cautiously optimistic.

11 Likes

How long does UPitt takes to process the SAT scores from College Board?

SAT score reports were requested 09/05 and College Board says they were sent , however UPitt says they don’t have the scores yet and the application is still marked not complete. SRAR is complete too. Any thoughts?

I remember hearing 1-2 weeks to receive and process the SAT scores at a Pitt virtual session. But their application decisions seem to be quite fast this year, so hopefully it won’t take that long.

My daughter applied 8/6 and activated her Pitt account a couple days later. Today she got an email asking to activate her account again! I guess a glitch? Anyone else get this?

My son got it last Thursday but his account was already activated on Aug 27th.

2 Likes

Hers has been activated for over a month (8/9)! Very strange.

2 Likes

S24 got the same email today, and a few earlier, even though his account was activated 5 weeks ago. S24 called them the first time he got the duplicate email and admission office said ignore it.

1 Like

Officially accepted into main campus nursing class 2028:
Stats:
1280 sat (submitted score)
98ish weighted gpa (my school does it by 100 instead of 4)
great solid essay on how an experience drew me to nursing
Just about all honors, taking 4 APs this year and an anatomy class
Student leadership
70+ hours volunteer
Varsity Track captain
One full time summer job and a part time summer job, worked 65 hour weeks.

applied 8/4
Dashboard came through 9/11
Document center 9/12, around 30 hours after
Pitt is my 1st choice, hope to see you all there next year! Best of luck to all!

7 Likes

Hi, I applied to Pitt 8/2, and I just got the buttons for Swanson Engineering yesterday! I applied to Main campus as my first option but Johnstown as my second option. Would me getting the buttons mean I got accepted to Main campus or could it just be Johnstown?

what does dashboard mean congrats

1 Like

I’m also applied nursing

I think you need to wait until the letter appears in your portal to see which campus. It normally appears a day or two after the buttons appear.

1 Like

Okay, so “Swanson school of engineering” doesnt automatically mean main? I wasnt sure. Thanks!

I’m pretty sure it does mean main campus. You could always call the admissions office and ask.

I emailed and they didnt really give me an answer lol they just said dont do anything until the letter.