My daughter was admitted yesterday.

Major- Political Science
Unweighted GPA- 3.9
Weighted - 4.3
Varsity Soccer/Cheer and tutoring
Not a ton of ECā€™s
40 junior college credits from co-enrollment
4 APā€™s

Sheā€™s super excited about this campus due to the law school and studying abroad. She did receive a merit scholarship but we canā€™t seem to view how much yet.

Good luck to the rest of the prospects, this looks like an amazing school.

Daughter Accepted. California Resident
UW GPA 3.96, WGPA 4.75. 10 AP.
Alcala Scholarship - 25K.
Major - International Relations.
Super Excited

Iā€™m really curious if anyone knows how USD releases their admissions? By date of submission? By college? By student ranking/honors/merit awards? My daughter has great stats, turned her app Nov 15, but has not heard backā€¦ so weā€™re just curious if anyone has insight into how USD releases their admissions info? USD is a favorite, so the suspense is killing her!

I think thereā€™s a chance it may be by region or totally random. A lot of people in this first round are either from California or somewhere else in the west (Washington, Montana, etc). I donā€™t think theyā€™re doing it by merit or submission date. USD is my top school and I sent in my app in August so Iā€™ve been so anxious about it !

Son Accepted on 3/1 with USSd Trustee scholarship of $21k/year. We are based in Washington State.

*USD scholarship.

Same here. We are from Virginia.

2 Likes

Where do we go to check the admissions status? Individual CA universities or is there a common portal?

We are waiting not so patiently in DC. The student would check individual portals. Just making sure you realize this is University of San Diegoā€™s thread, not University of California San Diego.

Aah Good point! Am on the wrong thread.

1 Like

I have a feeling you are looking for the UCSD thread, not USD which is a private school, not part of the UC system. Each UC has a separate admissions portal. You should have received emails to set them up back when you applied, sometime within the first few weeks. Contact the school admissions office if you donā€™t have the info you need to get that set up.

1 Like

Congratulations!! Did your portal show any changes before your daughter was admitted? Hoping to hear soonā€¦TIA

Just got email- Son admitted for Business! Portal is unchanged though.

3 Likes

Daughter just received emailā€¦ Admitted!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

DD Waitlisted :face_with_diagonal_mouth:. With all the high stats GPAs similar to above, tons of ECs, 8 APs/DE, 3 sport varsity since freshman year athlete/4 times captain, PT job, from Virginia with super rigor HS even during Covid. She did not submit tests. Oh well, she has moved on due to some other awesome offers and merit and had lost interest anyway given how late they notify. Congratulations everyone!

1 Like

My son was also waitlisted. He seems pretty good with it though. Best of luck to everyone else still waiting and congrats to those that were accepted.

My son was admitted. Waiting to see if there is any merit.

1 Like

Just curiousā€¦ Did your sonā€™s admission email state that he had been accepted into Business? My daughterā€™s email did not state whether she was admitted into the major she applied for - it did not state anything at all, other than to let her know she was admitted.

2 Likes

My son applied for Business but it does not specify in the email. Also his portal isnā€™t update yet either.