University of South Carolina Deferred students

On the Common App there is a box to check if you are planning on filing for Financial Aid, so maybe if you checked that box, it’s a follow up. Did it come to the parent or student email? As a parent, I didn’t get the email and no idea if child did. This week I did receive an email from UF to file a FAFSA, even though we never indicated we would file a FAFSA and that UF is a very reach school for my kid.

My kid was deferred

2 Likes

My daughter was the only one to receive the email.

1 Like

My daughter received the same email today. I wonder what it means?

looking at previous years it is more a positive sign then negative, but who knows. DD is a sports mgmt major. What about everyone else?

Psychology

My son applied as a sport management major too.

2 Likes

I hope this is leading up to a positive sign. My daughter is a supply chain major.

3 Likes

I’m hoping receiving this email is a positive sign. & my son gets accepted to his 1st choice major - Sports Mgmt

Me too. Looks like 3 of us have kiddos with Sports Mgmt as 1st choice and got the email! Fingers and toes crossed!

2 Likes

we just changed my sons major… we realized he was never gonna get in as a biz major, so we switched him to sports management as well… he was deferred and the email said he wouldn’t hear till March… are we thinking it will come earlier?

I looked back at previous years and they seem to have some decisions go out mid February and some in March. Anyone have previous uofSC experience? I am hoping we all get positive news.

2 Likes

my DD got the financial aid email yesterday. we checked that we would not be applying for financial aid. hopefully it is a positive sign towards admission.

I know when deferrals were sent out, SC advised to NOT send updated GPAs, letters of interest, etc. is this still the case? Or have others done this? My child doesn’t share much info with me and is handling all this on his own so if I ask him again he will be annoyed!

2 Likes

We were told the same, not to send any additional information grades, test scores etc

1 Like

My daughter’s HS automatically sends mid year transcripts to all schools where students used the Common App to apply. So…U of SC received hers, and no one reprimanded her. I just think they mean that if you send them, we aren’t looking at them…

1 Like

Yep, we were told the same. Our guidance department also automatically sends mid-year reports/grades out to schools that students applied to, so we told them not to send anything to South Carolina.

1 Like

My daughter got the same financial aid email. She was deferred EA. Education major. Hoping they release some decisions in February but applications are up 24k so that’s a lot to sort through.

My son also told our guidance dept not to send mid-year grades, it’s killing me… he has such good grades this year!

1 Like

Catching up here…Daughter deferred EA also. Do we anticipate some decisions coming out this month? Or all in March?

From what I can tell from last year…a batch of deferred got a decision mid-Feb with remainder mid-March.

2 Likes