University of St. Andrews in Scotland -- Class of 2024

@alexturner22 nope. I haven’t heard anything from the school of neuro yet either

My son just got an offer this morning for Social Anthropology!

Congrats to him, @ManhattanBeach!

@VickiSoCal I saw earlier on this forum that there is a FB group for those going to St Andrews but I can’t seem to figure out how to private mail you on this site. Our son is VERY excited to go visit St Andrews and we are probably going in February when session is back to see the halls of residence, meet the department and just get a sense of the place. But we were wondering if you all have advice on this first visit and travel tips from the US as we are in Los Angeles.

@ManhattanBeach you might be already aware but St. Andrews has an event for accepted students on April 4 (as well as information events in various US cities). Here is the link for registration.

https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/study/offer-holder-events/

@kiwiforever Thank you! I did not know about these events. Very helpful.

I just received an unconditional offer this morning for psychology after applying on Common App in late October.

Congrats, @snrreadytogradu8! Are you firming your place, or holding out for other options?

Congratulations @snrreadytogradu8 ! Can I ask, did you apply with SATs, ACTs. predicted IB, or A-levels? Just interested as family member also looking at this course…Thanks!

My daughter applied late Oct (Common App) & was accepted today for Management.

Congrats to your daughter, @scottusa! Is she accepting the place, or waiting to see what else comes?

Also- thank you, and all the others posting your outcomes! it lets us celebrate with you- and lets other applicants see how the responses are rolling out…

I applied with my ACT scores and community college credits. I go to an early college so I am graduating with both my high school diploma and associate degree! I am not firming the offer yet though because I want to wait to hear back from my in-state options.

Thanks, it is her #1 but she will wait to hear back from the remaining US colleges.

Thank you! And best wishes, wherever you decide to go…!

2 son received Unconditional Offer to read Sustainable Development and was all set to go until we received FA offer from Columbia University. It was frankly far beyond our wildest expectations so he's off to NYC next fall. We still love St. Andrew's.

Mega congrats to your son, @dubner!

I accepted my offer several days ago. I’m very happy. It is also a relief to be done this early with the whole process. Since someone has asked about scores, I got in with a 35 SS ACT (35M, 35E, 35S & 33R). My two stand-alone scores were 34 & 33. I also had a 1460 SAT (770M, 690CR), which I should have retaken but didn’t. I think sending some SAT Subject Tests helped.

Hi everyone! I applied for IR in late September and received an unconditional offer around the 26th of November (just now discovered this thread)! Just a little about me: I am from Fort Worth, Texas and applied via the Common App. It has been my dream to study there since I was 12. I am likely to attend but will wait to hear back from a few US schools. Few stats: 33 ACT, 720 in US History, 730 in World History, 750 for Literature Subject tests, and 5s in AP History and AP Lang with a 4 in AP Physics 1. 98.71 GPA. I visited last year and loved the campus and the town. From the information session as well as talking with my local rep, standardized scores don’t matter and serve mainly just as an initial hurtle as long as you are past the minimum. I remember them telling me that they really care about GPA, teacher recs, personal statement, and APs. Also, I’m sure you all know this but they told be to keep my personal statement to 80% academic and 20% personal and they don’t really look at your main Common App Essay if you applied via Common App. Hope this helps and good luck to everyone!

Love seeing all these acceptances! S21 will be applying next year so it’s helpful and exciting for us to learn more about the process, acceptances, etc. Big congrats to all!

Any idea when decisions will start up again/when they are back from break?