University of Vermont Early Decision/Early Action Fall 2023

Same here - top Presidential Scholarship, OOS, Neuroscience and no HC.

1 Like

I was able to get into the Financial Aid section this morning.

2 Likes

Update: $1212 in Need Based Gift aid.

1 Like

You can sign up here for Admitted Student Days and Admitted Student Receptions in towns across the country.
https://www.uvm.edu/admissions/undergraduate/youve-been-admitted

Here are some details about the Admitted Students Days from the Admissions office:
This program typically starts around 9am and wraps up around 2pm. It is a much more in depth program than the general tours. Students get to explore the college that they have been admitted to and all that UVM has to offer both academics and non-academics. When the date is approaching, all students will receive an email with an itinerary of the day so they know what to expect but rest assure that there will be plenty of activities for both students and parents.

The admissions office, all the colleges as well as residential life and student clubs and organizations will be present and available during the Admitted student visit day.

3 Likes

Any deferrals out there? My D was deferred and I havenā€™t seen any other deferrals on this thread.

2 Likes

Yes. Deferral here and we are confused. DD has been accepted at more competitive schools, OOS (Midwest), 3.7 UW, no test scores, APs, college of Arts and Sciences. Very strong essay and 5th generation catamount. We know itā€™s not a ā€œNoā€, but very tough emotions in our house. For both of us!!

2 Likes

Sonā€™s friend deferred. I do not know specifics. Believe there may be small number of spaces for Art majors.

3 Likes

I am sorry for your DD! That is extra difficult when you have the legacy component.

Longtime lurker in this thread, but logged in to share data. D23 was accepted EA into College of Arts & Sciencesā€¦but no merit, unfortunately.

OOS
3.6 (1 AP, 4 honors)
Strong essays
Strong ECs
Demonstrated interest - visited/toured twice

3 Likes

If you have need based on your EFC, you are likely to get the ā€œout of sTate student grantā€ which will at least bring the oos cost down somewhat.

Thanksā€¦Unfortunately our EFC is unrealistically high, mostly because we only have one child. Weā€™ll see how other EA apps (Hobart, Gettysburg) come in.

Good resource here. Glad I found it. Thank you.

2 Likes

Wondering if ED students tend to attend these since theyā€™ve already committedā€¦

1 Like

My son and his friend were both deferred.

1 Like

My daughter was deferred. School of education. OOS. Iā€™m guessing they had another increase in applicants this year.

1 Like

Hi! Oh, our son is excited - Admitted OOS to the Honors College (Undeclared) with top Presidential Scholarship.

1 Like

My daughter is on this app called Zeeme where you can meet people who are interested in your colleges. In her UVM group, quite a few people were deferred and a few were denied. I realize it must be so frustrating and discouraging to get a deferral. I hope youā€™ll get good news down the line.

3 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m on ZeeMee (in that UVM thread) and a LOT of people I know from that chat got deferred. I assume the acceptance rate dropped a little this year too given there was an increase in applications.

still waiting to hear from my other schools in the meantime lmao

4 Likes

I think most schools across the country have gotten slammed with bigger classes than they planned for. If they have to let in a lot of kids with the hopes that 18% accept to make up a full incoming class, and more than 18% accept, they are over crowded, dorms are more crowded, etc. I know my sonā€™s college has had a few years in a row like this, especially since they are now test optional, there are so many more apps than there used to be. So they donā€™t fill the class with all Early apps, they defer a bunch to see what the regular apps look like. I also assume they want a geographical & major balance. I also assume they want to make sure they can get a good number of students from outside of New England since they are the ones paying full price. There is some way to look up how many people get in off deferrals or wait list, but I donā€™t know how.

1 Like

Does anyone know more about the Learning Communities? I donā€™t see any general thread to ask. I noticed that the Outdoors LC is the only one to say:

• All students living in Outdoor Experience are expected to commit to Community Expectations, keeping alcohol, cannabis, other drugsā€”and their influencesā€”out of our community.

I would have expected that more from Wellness than from Outdoors. Maybe they all do but the website just isnā€™t accurate?
Hereā€™s the general link to the learning communities so you can see.

1 Like

I am pretty sure the Wellness LC requires students to sign an agreement not to partake in substances in the dorm and there are consequences if they break the contract. I hadnā€™t heard it was required in other LCs, but not 100% sure.

1 Like