University of Vermont Early Decision/Early Action Fall 2023

How do I decline my offer of admission? I cannot find any forms to do so on my portal.

1 Like

In your original portal, thereā€™s an account tools section that lists an option of withdrawing your application. My daughter is still deciding between schools, can I ask why youā€™ve decided ā€œnot UVMā€?

Just checked and daughterā€™s financial aid is still there. Was hoping they might have added something, but no such luck. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

All the info came backā€¦ nothing added. :blush:. Must have been a blip of sorts

1 Like

Just got accepted into uvm honors college. 3/6. Applied EA and got accepted with lots of merit. I did switch schools (engineering to arts and sciences - similar major) around a month ago - maybe that had something to do with my late notification. Just in case anyone is still looking out for an invitation!

3 Likes

In case anyone was curious, I got in! I was accepted into the arts scholars program- one of only 15 students in that category.

6 Likes

Can you share stats?

Can you elaborate

1 Like

96.3W as of applying, 1530 sat one sitting, 8 ap courses taken (four 5s on the tests Iā€™ve taken) average ecs
My mid-year GPA was 105.3, which might have played a part in it.
applied as a math major to CAS

1 Like

I applied to the Liberal Arts Scholars program for Social Sciences, but marked that I would consider Humanities and Arts as well. The director of the program sent me a personalized email informing me of my acceptance to the Arts program, of which only 15 students out of the 140 in the Liberal Arts Scholars program are selected for. Super exciting!

4 Likes

That is so exciting - congratulations!

Does honors college admission come with additional merit aid?

Looks like decisions are out. Good luck to everyone who has been waiting to find out!

2 Likes

nope not for me, I got 8500 a sem presidential and 1500 a sem innovate the future scholarships. no additional scholarships after honors college invite.

4 Likes

Ok thanks, and Congrats!

1 Like

Well, Iā€™m sorry if that was a false start. I only see a few people reporting so maybe it wasnā€™t a full decision drop today.

1 Like

We found out today, S23 accepted. Iā€™ve been wondering my more people arenā€™t on here discussing.

1 Like

I wonder, too. Maybe the majority here found out during EA?

3 Likes

I heard that you can call UVM to have them consider you again for the honors college, so I was planning on giving them a call to see what they say, but Iā€™m not sure if I should call my admissions counselor or someone from the honors college itself. Does anyone know which would be better? Also, does UVM give money for being accepted honors?

2 Likes

There are several hotels in Williston, VT that are inexpensive. Itā€™s only ten minutes away from where UVM is hosting the event (the Double Tree Hotel, which is two minutes off the main campus.)