University of Vermont Early Decision/Early Action Fall 2023

I think I missed the response about the phone call. Did someone get a date by phone?

4 Likes

I think they were referring to the post here in which somebody mentioned the recent UVM Instagram post that was a sort of Quick Facts about the Admissions process. In it, the Admissions person said mid-Decemeber.

Got it. Wasnā€™t sure if ā€œwhoever answered the phoneā€ was meant literally or not. Thanks!

2 Likes

oyā€¦the hours ticking by feel like daysā€¦ I really hope we hear something tomorrow because I canā€™t take much more waiting! :rofl:

1 Like

And iā€™m just the mom! Except, Iā€™ll be honestā€¦my kid has in his head late December, so heā€™s not even sweating itā€¦ I just want to know if iā€™m done seeing kids through the college application progress forever! Fingers crossedā€¦

1 Like

Mine is trying to keep cool, butā€¦

Daughter applied EA not ED so I have the sense we may be waiting beyond tomorrow here unfortunately.

2 Likes

Iā€™m waiting and impatient too, honestly I just want to hear back!

3 Likes

I just heard from my guidance counselor that UVM is releasing ED + EA decisions on the 20th at 5pm EST!!

(they only send those emails to guidance counselors apparently)

go catamounts!

4 Likes

Shoot. Was really hoping to hear this week. Iā€™m an alum, and also have been an admissions volunteer in the past. And my heart nearly stopped just now when I received an email from the Office of Admissions. Alas, it was simply a Happy Holidays email :smiling_face_with_tear: It also said ā€œin mid-December we will release our Early Action and Early Decisions. The early applicant pool had us reading over 18,000 applications.ā€

I think all schools should be banned from sending happy holidays emails until theyā€™ve accepted a student! I had the same experience with a couple of other schools that weā€™re waiting on. Iā€™m a little discouraged that we havenā€™t heard - my daughter has good stats - I didnā€™t think it was a reach for her.

4 Likes

You got an email as a parent of an applicant?

If your child gives your email address to the school, thatā€™s what happens. (I received a happy holidays email on Dec. 8, and received others before that.)

1 Like

18K? Ugh.

I was trying to post the email counselors were sent but canā€™t edit it to get my daughterā€™s name of the screenshot. Iā€™ll post it when Iā€™m in front of my computer.

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad we now when now. Thanks for sharing. Six more daysā€¦

2 Likes

I see that last year they had 30,000 applicants total. I wonder how many were EA. I wonder how many of this yearā€™s 18K were ED.

1 Like

I got an email when she applied so Iā€™m in their system. No Happy Holidays email, though. Not that I need any more emails in my life but a little holiday greeting would have been nice. :laughing:

2 Likes

Hereā€™s that letter that was sent to counselors today.

5 Likes

Thank you! I wonder where the 18k applications info came from. I donā€™t see that here. May everyone have a good weekend full of happy distractions!

2 Likes