University of Vermont Early Decision/Early Action Fall 2023

Anyone know to what degree UVM considers demonstrated interest and what types?

No, I got an email because Iā€™m an alum and have been an admissions volunteer in the past years, though not this year.

1 Like

18K EA/ED applications came from an email I received because I am an admissions volunteer, attending college fairs etc in my area on behalf of the school.

The CDS has demonstrated interest marked as ā€œConsideredā€ rather than ā€œImportant.ā€ Not sure how much that means though. My daughter has done an official tour, a tour of the CREAM barn and participated in a couple admission live virtual events they had over the summer.

yup, thatā€™s the email I was told about!

2 Likes

Look at my restraintā€¦this is the first I am seeing that post from last night about the 20thā€¦Iā€™m so proud of myself :rofl:. Iā€™m a little disappointed that itā€™s the 20th when I was convinced it was todayā€¦but like other said, at least we now know the date. And @noreaster1 and @LAG2023 Iā€™m trying my hardest to stay AWAY from the Brownies!!

4 Likes

Re the 18,000 number . . . another page from this site shows this data: ā€œUniversity of Vermont accepts about 59% of early action applicants and 64% all applicants for all deadlines. Last year, University of Vermont admitted 1,695 of the 18,16 who applied early action.ā€

These numbers look 2 years old and I assume there is a missing digit in the EA application number. But, this would suggest this yearā€™s early application volume is similar to 2 years ago. You can find their application and yield numbers from the past several years (through 2021) online if you want to melt your brain trying to figure out what that means for you or your kid (as I did). :laughing:

1 Like

LOL I did that last night and when I came across the 1,695 of the 18,16 my brain exploded. Of course, I just need to let it go. Whatever decision is going to come out has already been made. With 18K early applications, at least some, if not many, very qualified applicants will be deferred or denied. (I donā€™t know if they outright deny early apps or the just defer to the regular admit cycle.) I hope for all of us that our kids are admitted. Itā€™ll be another long 5 day wait but Iā€™m thankful we at least know a hard date now.

My biggest frustration is that if the know something specific, why do they send it to counselors instead of students. My daughterā€™s counselor has hundreds of students and since she was the only one to show up for the UVM visit, I assume she may be the only one who applied. Itā€™s hard to imagine her counselor is going to seek her out to pass along this news. Iā€™ll never understand why colleges play these tortuous games with poor communication, especially when these kids are also in finals this week and next! Thereā€™s no reason not to directly notify the students if they are absolutely set on a date!

2 Likes

Where can I find this data? Is it from a UVM website?

I canā€™t post a link here but if you Google

The University of Vermont: First-Time, First Year SOC Applicants, Admits, and Enrolls

youā€™ll find it. Itā€™s the url that ends in oir/admissions. Then, itā€™s the second pdf under Document Name.

Thank you. Iā€™ll check it out. (Or maybe I shouldnā€™t if I want to sleep tonight ha ha),

1 Like

They do not just defer, the do denials for EA as well.

Just got an official email from UVM about the decision date and they linked my portal in the email as well.

2 Likes

Us, too. Good luck.

thank you! good luck to you as well!

5 Likes

Just confirming itā€™s the same decision date, Tuesday 12/20? (My daughter is in school and Iā€™m too curious to wait until she gets home.)

yes! 12/20! iā€™ll be in school as well.

1 Like

Yes, Tuesday, 12/20, 5:00 Eastern Time is what the email says.

1 Like

Ha! Good for you! My restraint means I come here to commiserate 1x/day instead of manyā€¦and we finished the browniesā€¦ Weā€™re supposed to get lots of snow tonight/tomorrow, so we will be baking Christmas cookiesā€¦

1 Like

And of course % accepted ED is completely unknown since itā€™s the first yearā€¦

1 Like