University of Washington Class of 2027 Official Thread

Don’t know the family but my daughter can prob figure it out

My daughter received an email from UW-Tacoma, subject line “This is the Email You’ve Been Waiting For!” followed by the beginning of the email stating “Welcome to the Husky Pack! Thank you for your interest in UW Tacoma.” Then some links to an application, and visit information. It seems very confusing, does this mean she did not get into UW Seattle? The portal shows no decision made, and no information about being admitted to another campus. She did not apply to Tacoma campus. Did anyone else receive this message?

My daughter received it, too. She did not apply to Tacoma. :thinking:

1 Like

Some people in the reddit thread said that they checked their Common App answers, and at the very end of the Common App for UW they had checked the box to “consider other campuses”?

1 Like

The 3 UW campuses (Seattle, Tacoma, Bothell) have separate admissions processes, so admission to Tacoma is separate from admission to Seattle. I’d guess if your child checked the “consider other campuses” checkbox, then they’ll get decisions from each campus.

Ok, interesting, she did check the box to be considered from other campuses on Common App. But this was not really an admissions decision email as I have seen on others, it was more an advertisement to apply. When you click on the link to learn more it takes her to info on how to apply. However it says Welcome to Husky Pack???

1 Like

Huh, that does sound very confusing! All I can say is, I don’t think it has any bearing on her UW Seattle application—but not sure what it means for UW Tacoma. :thinking:

2 Likes

My daughter received this email too. I don’t think she checked that box for the other campuses.

1 Like

My son received it too. He did not select any other campus on the application. We are now so confused.

1 Like

This is the same thing that happened with UMass Dartmouth. They seem to be sharing details across.

My son got it, too, which was kind of a stomach-dropping moment.

1 Like

My daughter received it, too. FWIW it went to her main email address - and not to her college app specific address. She put herself on the UW mailing list probably 4 years ago with the first address. But her Common App address is the college one. So I’m thinking maybe it’s just marketing?

2 Likes

That is an interesting (and reassuring) data point, thanks!

2 Likes

I have 2 who applied to UW and neither got this email. We are OOS and did not check the box for consideration to any other UW campuses besides Seattle.

We have gotten all other communications from UW in regards to decision notifications.

1 Like

We are also OOS, and my kid also did not check the box to consider other campuses, but he did receive the email.

Based on @bethy1’s observation, I think it’s likely to have been a poorly worded marketing email, not an indication of anything related to application status.

Also OOS, received the email, I don’t know if we checked the box or not (I doubt it). There’s nothing actionable about the email as far as I can tell. I agree it seems like it’s likely a (very) poorly worded (and timed!) marketing email.

OOS, DD applied to UWS but checked other campus consideration and received the email.

1 Like

If checked box, do you get 3 different offers or decisions for UW?

Thanks

1 Like

My son did not check that box (he just confirmed), and he did not receive the Tacoma email. Hard to say if it means anything at all or is just an ill-timed marketing outreach.

1 Like

Despite a few glimmers of hope I’ve got to say that my instincts are telling me that If someone did not get the Tacoma email then they are in at Seattle. The timing is just too suspicious.

As for the checked box - my spidey senses say that if Seattle referred you to Tacoma then that box got checked by the system somehow.

I am a natural pessimist however.

My daughter got the Tacoma email (albeit to her other regular email - the first one she gave UW years ago). She is in state but NOT likely to get admitted with her stats. She has a whole plethora of back up options lined up for this reason.

3 Likes