University of Washington Class of 2027 Official Thread

I also got it, In state, applying to CS, did not check Tacoma campus.

Yes, for high stats one way way to define this better would be an AP or IB student from a Eastside school in Washington state (e.g. Bellevue, Mercer Island, Redmond, Issaquah, Sammamish, etc). In other words a school that the AO’s will know is very competitive in general. They know their schools - esp in state.

I’m not overly worried - I’ll admit that portal astrology is kind of fun for me and a nice distraction from a dreary winter day . . .

A friend just posted a video of her son receiving his acceptance in person. (He go the Presidential award). I’m super excited for him!

5 Likes

Do you know if there is a quota for every school and does being from a not so competitive school increases your chances of getting direct admit to CS ?

But the email says that the decisions will be released between 9th to 15th

1 Like

OOS. Mid stats. Early childhood and Family Studies major. Didn’t check the box. Didn’t get Tacoma email, just the standard one.

1 Like

This is in fact true with some states in US.
Not sure about WA.

They do the presidential scholarships early. I thought it was cool UW did it in person.

Editing to add that the UW rep said this award went to 14 in-state students (out of 62,000 freshman applicants this year).

4 Likes

Yes, those big in-state UW scholarships are few and far between unfortunately (for most).

But as discussed, it’s hard to complain too much about the $12k in-state tuition vs. the $40k OOS.

What are the stats of some of those kids ?

Tacoma ‘This is the email you have been waiting for’ email:

I checked the course offering between the two campuses, my DD is looking to study English in the College of Arts and Sciences. Looking at Tacoma, they don’t offer English as an undergrad major or minor. Literature is the closest as part of the major Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences, a combination of foundational and elective courses (Literature).

So unless they are going to offer her something quite different I can’t see them sending her the email because she is a potential for that campus.

So WhoTF knows

1 Like

Tacoma does not offer my son’s major either, but he got The Email. I really do not think the email is significant
 :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

For any of those interested in “portal astrology” (such a perfect term btw!). My son said he has an active link to “accept your admission and pay the fee” under Next steps or something. Everyone may have it. He didn’t click all the way through, but it must block you eventually.

1 Like

We have tried that through the Tacoma email link, Tacoma admissions (bottom footer nav), accept offer
 it then comes up with ‘No offer currently available’.

1 Like

My son has this as well. The section is on MyUW (after login).

Since the header for this section is “Next steps if you are admitted,” it doesn’t seem to us that it is promising anything.

3 Likes

I think you’re right. Portal astrology is tough! Maybe they’ll offer a class on it.

I learned about portal astrology through other schools who are more notorious for it. For example our daughter got accepted to UCONN and apparently in recent years past you could find a link to the residential page and discover whether you’d been accepted and to which campus. All well before admissions were announced.

Speaking of UCONN - they are driving my daughter crazy with their “You’re a Husky, Now!” emails lol.

1 Like

I mentioned earlier that my son got the Tacoma email. We thought he hadn’t checked the other locations checkbox but turns out he did check that box.

4 Likes

I have no clue about his stats. I would imagine they are off the charts. (He got into engineering). This kid has an impressive resume of giving back in a really meaningful authentic way.

2 Likes

OOS is only $40k!!! My son got accepted to CU Boulder (we’re in TX) and OOS tuition is $67K!!!