University of Washington Class of 2027 Official Thread

Does anyone know what time the decisions come out? I’m really nervous :frowning:

2 Likes

Last year was around 8:30pm

could it be they release tomorrow to avoid getting calls or such?

Based on the most recent info here’s my prediction:
They mailed out most of the acceptance packets yesterday and instate students will start receiving them today (West side of state) and tomorrow (east side). Then they will update the portal tomorrow Friday night 3/10 for everyone which will include acceptances, waitlists and denials.

So we are getting the acceptance letters mailed?

In the letter to counselors posted above it says that acceptances will receive snail mail packets. Also, there have been a few small programs that have notified acceptances over the past few days and the reports have been that they received packets in the mail.

you will know asap via portal and get an acceptance package after.

1 Like

ahh I see

1 Like

IIRC you are in California but I suspect folks who live instate might get their packets earlier. That’s why they announced a window for acceptance notification.

Just complete speculation on my part.

yeah, I live in MA so I don’t know when/if that packet would reach me.

2 Likes

I am in state, I checked yesterday and haven’t received anything in the mail yet.

Right, of course for those farther away they will likely hear first through the portal. Again I could be totally wrong.

Us, too. But since they said it would begin March 9 then I don’t think they would have mailed anything before yesterday for most applicants.

Again I am just speculating based on the letter to the counselors and the few reports online so far of people who have been admitted.

Okay, did you apply for CS at UW?

I’m a parent and my student applied in state for biology.

I applied OOS for Bio!

1 Like

UW Bothell admits into pre major and never directly the major in freshman year.

Yeah but you can declare your major once you complete the prerequisites

I remember you from the Umass Amherst threads! My daughter will likely go there if she doesn’t get in to UW. Or maybe even if she does. UMass is her fav school - just wish it were closer and cheaper!

A lot of overlap . . . my son has applied to UW and was (somewhat surprisingly, I guess) waitlisted at UMass. My daughter is currently a sophomore at UMass.

Anyhow, waiting just like everyone else. My son is OOS (from the Midwest), very high GPA but didn’t submit test scores. Computer engineering/science.

He’s ready to be done with this process - he has great offers from Indiana, Minnesota and Pittsburgh; only school besides UW that he’s waiting on is WashU in St. Louis (reach).

1 Like