University of Washington Class of 2027 Official Thread

My son was admitted in-state… pre-social science.

D23 (OOS 4.0/4.6 GPA) accepted to Engineering Undeclared with Purple & Gold Scholarship.

1 Like

Son got accepted to Pre sciences. Applied to CS. OOS California resident. Purple and Gold Scholarship

1 Like

Daughter waitlisted OOS Bio major 4.21
What are the chances of admit when waitlisted?

Where to see purple and Gold Scholarship ?

2 Likes

OOS DD accepted Bio major.
4.0 UW/4.6 W GPA
9 APs, AP scholar with distinction
4x letter winner and state qualifier
$5400 P&G scholarship.

This is a very useful thread for those who applied to CS and got into Pre-sciences.
https://www.reddit.com/r/udub/comments/ffajy9/do_not_come_to_uw_if_you_want_to_do_cs_but_are/

Long story short, not worth going to UW if you are not directly admitted to CS.

6 Likes

Ohio State (OSU) is a good CS option especially if any merit scholarship was included.
I know 2 students who joined '22, they seem to be thriving.

2 Likes

She got in! Thanks.

Daughter admitted to school of music but no mention of scholarship. I know music does their own scholarship but we thought she’d get some kind of purple and gold. Any advice? Can we appeal? OOS tuition is

1 Like

in 2022 8 out of 5347 students on waitlist admitted. In 2021 631 out of 4,668 .

4 Likes

S23 accepted w/P&G Engineering undeclared.

1 Like

S23 got Engg admit with Purple & Gold.
Desired Major: Bioengineering

Is there a CC Thread to join about placement process to majors & realities of getting the desired major at the end of freshmen year?

Looks like another round of application process with resume, ECs & short answer Qs:

2 Likes

OOS

Admitted #1 pre-science / no choice of major with 7K P&G
Admitted #2 econ / primary choice with 7K P&G

both don’t plan on going. Looking for in-state options first

1 Like

Good idea… here is more data on placement: Placement data | UW College of Engineering

I’d probably focus on the two most recent cycles though, as the data before that is chaotic and probably not very telling.

2 Likes

Which state are you in?

Woke up to the wonderful news! Accepted - Pre-Social Sciences with $3k Purple and Gold. OOS, 3.86 UW, 4.56 W, no test scores, excellent essays and strong ECs. Congrats to all the kiddos who got the good news last night! And I know that those who will not go to UW will find their spot and it will be perfect for them.

2 Likes

Laughing because I got rejected

UW 3.8 GPA, W 4.4 GPA, strong essays and strong ECs + LORs, OOS, applied as a Bio major

Also woke up to great news for my DD. I am utterly shocked. This was her top choice. OOS, 4.0 weighted, NO test scores, 8-9 APs, part time job for three years, started a new sport at her school, other ECs, environmental studies major. It’s so great to see her so happy. I thought there was no way she would get in due to no test scores.

3 Likes