University of Washington Class of 2027 Official Thread

Accepted and incredibly thankful. OOS/engineering/$3,000 P&G

4.0/4.3, 4 college level and AP classes, major work experiences and volunteering, Girls State, varsity sport, team manager, and some kick ass essays.

Congratulations to those that were accepted, apologies to those not or waitlisted.

3 Likes

Accepted to your major or undeclared?

I see more undeclared, pre-sciences, pre-humanities than acceptances to major. Is that a fair observation?

mechanical engineering was in the letter!

2 Likes

You have to accepted into UW’s engineering program - and are technically undeclared. The first year is learning about all the engineering fields before making a final choice.

2 Likes

S23 OOS Waitlisted, Architecture
3.9 UW, 4.6 W, 9 APs
Strong essays and ECs

Apparently Business is as competitive.

Waitlisted

CS, OOS
1590, 4.0 UW

It varies, ours was $4200 per year for 4 years.

got accepted to CS as OOS!!!

1530 SAT, 4.0 unweighted, 10 APs, 4 dual credit classes, tried to make my application stand out by focusing on cybersecurity ECs rather than the coding aspect of CS

p.s. does anyone know how UW CS compares to UT Austin for Turing Scholars? (i live in TX btw)

4 Likes

i got 7200 and heard spme other people got that amount too!

Oh no :woman_facepalming:t2:

Student accepted OOS but NOT for CS, pre-sciences. Will decline. Also no P&G scholarship (might be the only OOS without one as far as I can tell!) 3.97UW, 4.5+W, AP scholar with distinction (11 APs, all 5s), NMF, loads of ECs. Not overly shocked as OOS CS is more selective than some elite privates. Onward.

5 Likes

Accepted OOS biochemistry

1490 SAT, 4.44 UW, 3.93 UW, 11 APs

Purple&Gold Scholarship ~ $3000

My D23 (OOS) was admitted for a pre-humanities major, instead of English. Is this similar to how UCB admits most freshmen undeclared?

international freshman - boy from canada.
engineering with no declared major. isn’t common?
what to do next?

In state accepted into Engineering Undeclared, planning Bioengineering. Any ideas how hard it is to get into Bioengineering as I understand it is capacity constrained.

1 Like

Yes, English does not have direct to major admission, so students are admitted to the pre-major. Admission to majors – Welcome New Huskies

1 Like

This is the desired admission outcome for non-CS Engineering majors, congratulations :slight_smile: Engineering majors are admitted “Direct to College” to ENGRUD (Engineering Undeclared). There is a secondary process in which they apply to specific majors later. Engineering Undeclared Students (ENGRUDs) | UW College of Engineering

Some placement data for ENGRUD into the various majors can be found here: Placement data | UW College of Engineering

5 Likes