University of Washington Class of 2027 Official Thread

He was denied.

I would suggest that he pursue his other options where he is either directly admitted to CS or has a clear path to the major. With his stats he should have other excellent options.

4 Likes

Same thing happened to my son.

Sorry about this. May I ask what his UW GPA is? Seems to me the admits/denied very much tied to UW GPA and major.

1 Like

Is Informatics an option after Pre-Sciences? How hard is it to get a spot on Informatics?

UW has stopped appeal for CS from this year.

Are you from WA. What are your choices now ?

My daughter got in to Pre public Health program. We are OOS, 3.96 UW GPA, with decent EC’s.
How hard is it to get into Public health - Global Health major if she decides to go to UW?
She also has direct admission to UPitt Public health program. We are not sure which one is better.

This is from her admission page:
You requested the following major:Public Health-Global Health in the School of Public Health
Your assigned major: Pre Public Health in the School of Public Health

Its 4.0. He has all A’s

Don’t appeal. They rarely work and its better for your son to move on. I am sure he will have great options with his profile. OOS CS is just incredibly hard at UW.

2 Likes

Did only admitted students receive an email? My son got an email, but was unable to log into the portal last night.

1 Like

My son got in OOS with the Undeclared Engineeriing. Purple and Gold Scholarship- $5400.

IB Diploma Student (12 IB, 3 AP classes). 4.0 UW, 4.28 W. Summer Engineering Internship, High School and Club Soccer, Medical Club and Health Services Club Officer, Science Bowl, Summer Employment

3 Likes

No. My son received an email and was waitlisted.

2 Likes

I’m a Pitt alumni, granted I went there over 20 years ago, but it was the best time of my life. It’s truly an amazing school with great professors, classes, and people. Everyone there is so friendly and have so many life long friends from my time there.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I thought it was not a desired one. I noticed lots of admission with “pre”. what the difference between “pre” and ENFGUD?

1 Like

That is ridiculous to be turned down from your state school with those stats!

ENGRUD means that the student has been admitted to the College of Engineering. Pre-major means the student is admitted to UW, but has not yet been admitted to a major or college. Admission to majors – Welcome New Huskies

Did he get accepted to the UW, but just not CS? If not and he would accept that, then absolutely appeal. My son’s friend appealed 5 times last year and finally got in. Not for CS however. I don’t think an appeal will be possible for that major.

2 Likes

They have stoppd the appeal process for CS from this year

1 Like

How hard is it to get into college of Engineering from pre-science major? Thank you.

1 Like