University of Washington Class of 2027 Official Thread

It says on the admission page.

Applied to CS but offered pre-science with purple&gold award. Anyone on the same boat? OOS applicant

1 Like

Thank you. I appreciate it. And Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll go wherever Iā€™m meant to be.

1 Like

Son, Waitlisted, OOS
4.17 GPA (weighted) 8 Dual-enrolled courses, 2 AP courses
34 ACT super-score
Solid Essay
EC, Chess Club Captain, soccer referee

Disappointed because UW was his top choice.
Luckily he already received some Early Action acceptances to schools he is OK with attending.

Best of luck to all.

Do you (or anyone else) know ā€¦If not directly admitted to Foster but admitted to another major, what is the acceptance rate to get into Foster later?

Very slim chances is what I read, I have posted a link above.

1 Like

According to their web site,

Each year, approximately 30-50% of applicantsā€”between 550 and 650ā€”are admitted. For all applicants, index scores are created from three admissions factors: Combined GPA, Pre-application GPA, and Writing Skills Assessment.

See Standard Admission | Foster School of Business and expand the section, ā€œprerequisite courses & admissions criteriaā€

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

perhaps yield protection? With these stats they know, he will probably get in somewhere more competitive.

1 Like

Yeah, for OOS and those stats it could be yield protection. Other possibility is essays. But also it is CSā€¦so :joy:Hard to tell what could have actually happened.

Curious if your daughter applied to Fosters as DA but got into her 2nd major on her app?

If so, what was her 2nd major out of curiosity?

I am hearing mixed information that if you DA then they donā€™t consider the 2nd major but that is contradictory to what the AO said when they came to our high school. But then again I know no one who got in DA to Fosters but did for their 2nd major, everyone was either denied or waitlisted. So who knows.

1 Like

This is what I thought for CS. I didnā€™t put a second choice major and just included CS only. I didnā€™t want them to have a reason to put me into a second choice major that I wouldnā€™t do anyways.

1 Like

Applied CS for DA and Informatics for second choice major. Got admitted in Pre-Sciences. Wondering if we were considered for second choice at all.

3 Likes

Interesting

Also you can only be considered for direct admission to majors (including informatics) if and only if you apply to it as your first choice.

You can get admitted to informatics as a pre-science major by applying again later. So pre-sciences is the major you will get if you donā€™t get CS.

1 Like

4.0 UW GPA
ACT 36
Strong ECs (research heavy)
Applied to Biochemistry
Accepted to Biochemistry (with Purple & Gold Scholarship)
OOS

3 Likes

My son started the first year the direct to engineering option was given in 2018. Applied the summer after freshman year into mechanical engineering and got in. There should be stats on the Uw engineering site

1 Like

I applied to CS but got pre sciences. Today I got an email from UW saying that I am being waitlisted for CS. What does that mean? Does getting pre sciences mean waitlisted ? What are my chances now?

4 Likes

It means you have a seat in UW but for presciences. CS waitlist seats open up only if admitted CS students explicitly decline (before May 1st) or after decision day (May 1st). I think you are interested in declining presciences seat but want to continue to be CS waitlist, right?. As far as I remember, you will keep your position in CS WL even if you decline presciences. Call UW admissions on Monday and confirm.

I am offered pre-sciences, but not CS for the autumn quarter. Iā€™m currently a running start student (WA) and have already completed all the prereqs for the UW CS degree during my time at community college. Is there any chance for me to still get into CS internally if I transfer all my courses? My GPA for CC is a 4.0. Iā€™m not even sure what classes I would take in fall if I enroll in UW since Iā€™ve taken all the ones neededā€¦

Completed: Engineering Physics sequence, Calc1-3 & linear algebra, CS sequence, and all the needed English courses. These are the ones that UW says needs to be fulfilled before applying to the major as a student.