University of Washington Class of 2027 Official Thread

We haven’t received ours either, but the acceptance letter said it was coming.

1 Like

Has anyone heard back from the honors college yet?

Has anyone heard anything about admitted student day yet?

Good luck

1 Like

Its on April 15

1 Like

Does anyone have any insight on when Honors decisions will be announced? And do they all come out at once or are they rolled out in waves? Thank you.

3 Likes

Looks like last year they came out in waves.

1 Like

Has anyone by any chance received an email to register for the admittance day yet? Or received their acceptance package in the mail? We’ve received a couple of other emails, but none regarding admittance day and how to register.

Nope, nothing here, OOS.

1 Like

The Admitted Students Day email just came. Check student inboxes.

4 Likes

Have 2027 OOS students already been notified if they are receiving a Purple and Gold merit scholarship or is this yet to be released?

It was mentioned on the bottom of the acceptance. I don’t know if that’s the only way they notify, but it’s what S23 had.

3 Likes

D23 just received rejection letter from the Honors College. Was really hoping for this to have a smaller cohort as an OOS student. Over 7,000 applicants this year for 225 spots. Congrats to those receiving this honor.

I will scale back my hopes for my son accordingly. :unamused:

Just was notified I was accepted to the Honors College!

5 Likes

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Hi, I would love to get some guidance if anyone had some experience with UW. My son applied for OOS CS but got into Pre-Science. How difficult is to get into major " Applied and Computational Math Sciences" and what are the criteria they wanted in applicant. Is it again same as an undegrad application where we have no clue what colleges are looking for?

1 Like

Pres sciences is the biggest bucket for CS. They put even In State High stat kids into that bucket and say that if you really wish to do CS, we recommend you explore other college options.

2 Likes

Did your son receive direct admission to CS anywhere?

If he decides to do a CS-adjacent major at UW, please be aware that non-majors have extremely limited access to the courses that CS majors take. The Allen School has a lot of information describing course choices for non-CS majors here, also there is a page describing all the CS-adjacent majors: Non-Major Registration | Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering

ACMS acceptance rate is ~20-30%.

ACMS Information Session | Applied and Computational Math Sciences Program (ACMS) | College of Arts and Sciences - University of Washington.