University of Wisconsin campus visit

I was told that if you’re interested in applying to University of Wisconsin that you need to go visit or they hold it against you. Does anyone have any input about this?

I don’t believe that is true. If you are able to visit, I definitely recommend it, though. I personally fell in love with Madison when I visited, whereas some other schools I had a lot of interest in weren’t as great when I toured them. I think touring really helps you get a feel, but as far as the admissions process is concerned, I do not believe it plays a role.

Not listed as “very important” or “important” on the college profile for UW-Madison.

I think UW-Madison is too big to track interest. My son didn’t visit as we live far from Madison and he was accepted. BTW he loved campus when we visited for an accepted students’ day and will attend in the fall!

No need to bother them with the fact you did/did not visit. “Showing interest” is evident in your essays and how you respond in them. You should visit the campus, perhaps doing a formal tour et al for your own information. Not needed to be accepted.