University of Wisconsin Early Action Fall 2023

Portal Astrology, lol. Perfect name!

3 Likes

Oh, thanks. Yes, I see it there now. Phew.

1 Like

Is anyone else experiencing the below?
Upon usual login, instead of going to the Applicant Homepage, we see this error message, but then upon clicking the link to the hompage, it takes us to the usual landing spot.

Yes I want to know the same thing. What is the SOAR title? And what to put in the diploma address?

I dont think we need to worry about filling in the diploma address. If we needed to supply anything it would be in the To Do. Seems odd to supply an address for diplomas which are 4 years out

2 Likes

yes i got this but after refreshing like 5 times, it goes back to normal. its either that image or it takes me to a Microsoft windows screen

At the time of EA decision, if a student is deferred for their first-choice major, does Wisconsin provide a decision for the alternate major?

Have to admit, I find Portal Astrology kind of fun. It doesn’t stress me out at all. It feels more like amateur detective work, lol. Also, having gone through this in 2020 with my daughter, this time around MUCH easier. She’s a BFA Acting college student, and the colleges she applied to were some of the most selective in the US. We are talking programs that admit .05 - 8% of applicants. For that reason, kids who apply to MT (Musical theatre), or BFA Acting at schools like Juilliard, UMich, Boston Conservatory, Carnegie Mellon, UNCSA, etc. apply to 15-25 schools. My daughter applied to 17 programs. You can just imagine the portal astrology there, talk about stress! Now she is very happily at The Theatre School at DePaul in Chicago and I’m finding the college process for my son, and the 6 schools he applied to a breeze.

2 Likes

Does everyone else have Complete - Early Action in the Application Status page, and a new widget, Student E-Forms? Or were these always there?

1 Like

My son has both of those but I don’t know if they have been there all along or not.

2 Likes

My daughter has both. I don’t remember seeing the E-Forms before but think I saw Complete-Early Action before.

i dont have those :frowning:

1 Like

Are you looking in the right spot? Application Status for the Complete-Early Action, and then the Applicant Homepage for the Student Forms Widget. It may be we all get those, and they are just staggered based on portal updates

1 Like

oh wait. yea i have those. sorry i thought it was something else

1 Like

but i think we all have those, i remember there always being 8 boxes

2 Likes

Personally, I wouldn’t be focused on what’s on your homepage. You can click on an add button and you can literally add any of those boxes to your homepage.

Anyone else like dying to know

3 Likes

Remember all - whenever someone says “they heard decisions are such and such day” - speculation. Maybe that is a fun exercise and that’s cool yet appears in some threads some people really believe a rumor and then are super disappointed.

Unless someone on here or other sites is truly an employee of the admission office (highly unlikely), it is just a guess - they can’t know.

Yes, for years UW had a pattern - in state kids found out the Friday before Xmas. 2 years ago that pattern changed and in state heard on a Tuesday night in December catching most folks off guard.

Last year was the latest EA in state has heard so maybe this year a repeat - maybe not. Hasn’t been the same pattern for a couple years so everyone’s guess is as good as everyone else’s.

3 Likes

Most likely (not 100% sure) going be that last Friday of January
 10 days

2 Likes

Still too long :disappointed:

4 Likes