University of Wisconsin Early Action Fall 2023

Can someone provide a screenshot?

yea i dont see course selection at all

1 Like

screeshot pls? i cant find it lol

nvm got it.
https://enroll.wisc.edu

I think they are just updating. My daughter’s was blank and then the badger came up again and it referenced the new/updated app.

3 Likes

decisions today??

1 Like

Consensus is that decision come out next Friday but stranger things have happend.

Portal is allowing me to put courses in the cart for Spring 2023. No decision yet. Does this mean anything?

2 Likes

For my son, that has been there, not new.

UMich portal just changed. Hoping UW does the same soon:) No matter the outcome, this is an exciting week!

1 Like

When CU Boulder came out last Friday, I was really hoping Wisconsin would jump in there too. My son hears from a bunch of schools “at the end of January.” I’m wondering if they’re all going to come out the same day. He’ll be fine and I’ll be pretending not to be nervous. LOL

4 Likes

Same here- no news from me, just sharing your hope!

Like Michigan, this could also be deferrals, though I don’t know what Wisconsin has done since the pandemic. (They deferred out-of-state in Dec. 2019.)

It’s interesting that they’re not giving any answers until after they’ve had the RD applications for over a week. Would it make sense for them to do an initial pass of those applications before giving any out-of-state acceptances? Especially since I read that they accept 70% in-state, which makes sense. They used to give EA responses before RD was due. Perhaps someone knows more about this process?

2 Likes

That’s interesting! They just deferred all the OOS that year? And made them all RD? (OOS application here…)

Not a huge sample size, but those in the same school. It might not be instructive at all! A lot has changed with applying since the pandemic…though, given that they moved the RD deadline, it makes me wonder. I would think that a state school would want to give priority to in-state applicants!

Sometimes, I wish that EA for public schools would just be limited to in-state…but I’m sure there are flaws with that idea, too. Perhaps they should all do what CA does: have all students apply early to hear in March.

1 Like

Right. That’s what the University of Washington does too.

2 Likes

UW does not defer all OOS applicants as a matter of course from EA.

4 Likes

Good to know–thanks!

1 Like

My D was accepted OOS Dec 2019. So was her friend….

5 Likes

Same here - daughter OOS was accepted EA in 2020.

7 Likes