University of Wisconsin Early Action Fall 2023

My OOS daughter was accepted EA in early 2021. With plenty of time to plan a visit over spring break. There were no tours or in-person accepted student activities, but we were able to walk around the campus to get a feel for it. If I remember correctly, the only building we could access was the book store.

1 Like

D23 Colorado decision was not compelling. We are hoping for better this Friday. At UW she is hoping for an acceptance; we know OOS merit is nearly non-existent. I know OOS is getting whittled down this year though. She loved UW during her visit and I hope it comes across in her essays.

OOS (CA)
Sociology
4.0/4.6+
IB Diploma Candidate
ACT: 34 (35 SS but UW doesn’t do SS, right?)
Rank 1/550
Plenty of ECs: 2 sports, volunteering, leadership
PT Job
No hooks

I know a bunch of kids who got in EA to Wisconsin in Dec 2019 from OOS, so not a true stat.

2 Likes

sounds like an incredibly accomplished applicant. I would guess a lock for Wisconsin – but also for many other top schools (including UCs).

2 Likes

Well I’m hoping for WI-- and this week, not a deferral! Thanks for your kind words. We all need kind words this week.

3 Likes

My son is a freshman now. We are out of state. They over admitted for the second year in a row and I know they are planning to take fewer this year. My son wasn’t able to get on campus housing for next year. Good Luck to everyone waiting!

1 Like

Is there data out there that UW releases showing a 70% in state admission and OOS numbers for EA vs RD?

2 Likes

when are university of Wisconsin early action applications coming back 2023

“On or before January 31,” according to the U Wisconsin-Madison website. Maybe, possibly even this Friday, January 27, if you believe some chatter.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Received University of MN acceptance today. Would be nice to get Madison the same day.

6 Likes

Blank screen when u login . Should be anytime from today

My sons screen is not blank and unchanged.

2 Likes

My kid’s screen looks exactly the same as it always has.

Hmm I can still login. However, I still have a blank screen when trying to log onto the Search Courses tab.

2 Likes

All tabs gone. Layout is empty. Oos.

Looks like a temporary glitch. The system is up again.

Same… no blank screen it looks normal

I can browse spring 2023 and summer 2023 courses.

1 Like

I used to be able to, and had the Welcome Badger. Now that screen is blank

I’m a UW graduate from decades ago and the school always takes out of state kids. There were always a ton of New York students, specifically at UW. A lot from Chicago too which is where I lived at the time.

2 Likes