University of Wisconsin-Madison chances?

GPA: 3.71 UW, 4.1 W

ACT: composite 30

Extracurriculars:
100+ service hours.
Member of National Honors Society. Team captain for rowing.

Classes:
Mainly all Honors.
2 APs
-5 on apush
-taking chemistry senior year

Personal Background
-Hispanic
-1st generation to attend college.

I am also being recruited for athletics. Will this have a large role in my admission decision?

Based on your ACT and GPA you are definitely in the range that U of Wisconsin Madison admits for. Your unique background and leadership on the rowing team will definitely benefit you in the admissions pool. I would say you are very likely to be offered admission there! A lot of my friends with similar GPA and ACT who applied to UW Madison were accepted! I also think you might be offered a merit scholarship from them as well.

As for recruitment for athletics, I am not sure. I was not being recruited for anything so I can’t give advice on that. It is possible that UW Madison will offer you admission but might not offer you a spot on the team or maybe you will be offered both!

Best of Luck!

Crew isn’t one of the biggies like football/basketball/hockey so not sure about that. But- being Hispanic plus decent credentials counts. Your record looks like you could succeed at UW- that matters most. Good luck. Hopefully the finances will work out.

A good Coxwain is invaluable to the team and to the sport so that should help. Hopefully your recruitment goes well and you get in. You clearly have a couple of interesting factors going for you. Good luck!