University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2023

FYI, UW-Madison is UW. UWM is the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. ?

Any idea what day decisions will be out by? Did any one ask for a specific date from admissions?

@OnWisc19 If history repeats itself, decisions will begin rolling out on Friday Dec. 14th at 7pm CT

@Sconnie42 Exactly what I was planning on too…history hopefully does repeat itself.

I just called admission and they repeated what was in email, decision by dec 31. Good luck everyone.

They don’t give you the info on exact date. They will tell you nothing more than what is sent out in print or advertised publicly.

Keep an eye on their social media posts. They will make an announcement when they start sending out decisions.

Does anyone know if decisions will be sent via email or snail mail? My daughter has a 3.86 weighted GPA and 33 ACT and we are OOS … fingers crossed. It’s her dream school.

Is that Twitter, Instagram or FB?

At least Twitter and FB, IIRC. You can connect on the bottom of the website or monitor the Twitter feed on the Admissions page:

https://www.admissions.wisc.edu/

@Beaverdalemom decisions will be posted on your student’s portal. I believe you will get an e-mail tipping you off that there is a decision posted but if you keep checking you’ll probably see the decision before receiving the e-mail.

Just an fyi - decisions come in waves so not everyone gets them at the same time.

Thank you! Our son is six years older, and I forgot how hard the waiting part is. Fingers crossed for everyone.

Does UW Madison want first trimester grades?

@JBStillFlying – Thank you so much for that very helpful info!

@calspeed, everyone - even those who got in EA - will be required to self-report their first trimester or semester grades on the portal. You will be prompted when it’s time to do so.

When are the decisions coming out?

Hope I get accepted! I got a 1200 on the SAT :frowning:

@SuperBatBoi01 should be Dec 14 or Dec 15

Admissions portal is down. Does this mean anything? It says on the website it goes down for maintenance between 6am-6pm on weekends sometimes, but it’s later than that right now in Wisconsin. Is tomorrow the day?

Email said that we will hear an admissions decision by late Dec… but could it be this week?