University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2023

@jaydata - portal’s up and nothing’s changed that we can see. UW twitter feed doesn’t say anything about decisions today.

Well assuming we wouldn’t want maintenance on the website next weekend, I took it as a good sign. that they were getting the website prepared for heavy traffic come Friday. Crossing fingers for DD and the rest of you who want a big yes!

Has anyone talked to the admissions and asked when the decisions will definitely be posted? Or is it all tentative?

it’s December 14th… historically

For some reason my post keeps getting flagged but basically UW-Madison replied to a tweet asking about release date by saying that they are working to get decisions out as soon as possible and they will be released for Freshman Early Action by the end of December. That was just tonight. Check out their Admissions page for the link (scroll to the bottom): https://www.admissions.wisc.edu/apply/freshman/

anyone else freaking out a little…lol

do we know what time on the 14th decisions are expected to be released?

^ Do we know that decisions will actually be released on the 14th?

Are decisions being released on the 14th, did anyone talk to admissions and confirm or is it just a guess lol

At this point it’s an educated guess.

I have a feeling it will be tomorrow…

Why wouldn’t they give some time for folks who get in ED elsewhere to withdraw applications, so keeps accept rate down and yield up? Do states schools not care about that sort of thing?

this weekend is so stressful omg waiting is the worst part of it all

@Hopper2019 - good question. They probably do care about yield. They used to release the OOS decisions in January but moved everyone up to Mid-Dec. for the Class of '22. Not clear at all that they are doing the same this year - that was just one data point and it was a surprise move. If they wait a few more days it will allow the ED/SCEA accepteds to withdraw their applications and it will also keep UW’s own happy news from getting lost in the emotional wave that will hit beginning tomorrow evening.

@JBStillFlying – Agreed. Tulane is holding their EA decisions off until 12/20 probably for all the reasons you note.

is anyone else’s portal saying: “Required configuration items are invalid or missing. See error log for details.” ??

Mine doesn’t say that

@soccergirl4 - I had the same problem with the “Required configuration items are invalid…” The issue with me was that I had customized the site by adding apps options. I solved it by resetting the layout. Go to settings in the upper left corner under the circle with your first initial. Select Settings. Then, click on reset layout. It would ask to confirm that you want to reset it. After that, I was able to access the student center. I hope it helps.

Anyone know why this is happening, mine wont work.

@JL1313 - My guess is that if you customize the portal in any way and something gets corrupted you get that error. The way that I was able to get it back is by reseting the layout. See post #57 for directions.