University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2023

I don’t think it will be tonight. I called the admissions office and he said by 12/31. It didn’t sound like they were close to sending anything out.

It better be today

they have said that all the way through and it is there generic answer

Can everyone who is a Today-Or-Else’er please go monitor the UW-Madison Admissions Twitter Feed and report back here no earlier than 5 pm to let us know if there’s news? Once they post decisions it’ll be noted there. Much Obliged!

I will.

spoke to admissions…they said they will be open through the break…decisions will be out by Dec 31

I’ve heard on a good source they are mailing letters next week and usually they update the portal before the letters go out…keeping hope alive for announcement tonight

Everyone update if you hear anything! So nervous!

Gosh I really wish they would come out today. How far in advance of letters do the portal notifications usually come?

My son is a current OOS freshman at UW. He was accepted early action and found out on the portal at just after 8:00 p.m. Eastern time on Friday 12/15/17. The Admissions Office would not confirm that decisions were coming out until after they did. His hard copy admission letter did not arrive until just before Christmas. There is still hope that decisions are coming tonight. Good Luck everyone!

I’m a current freshman at UW who applied EA and got into the business school. From what I remember last year, admissions always used the phrase “by end of ____” or “next few days” so it was really a waiting game on when. If they’ve mentioned before the end of this year, I would assume decisions would be released this weekend or next. I believe for ours they consistently said by the end of January so it was a pretty big shock when they came so soon last year. They send you an email letting you know when decisions are ready, but I didn’t receive my email until maybe 1am on 12/16 despite my UW Student Center being updated at 7. so I would keep an eye on your student portal around 7! Good Luck and On Wisconsin!

To all those freaking out:
They said all the same stuff last year. I don’t think that “Decisions will be out in the next few days” is any different than “Decisions will be out by the end of December 31”. If anything they are saying that this year because whoever was working the phones last year let it slip that decisions were coming and got chewed out. There is no reason to think decisions will not be out tonight at 7 CT. It would definitely be odd if decisions are out later this then last year especially considering how competitive schools are getting for high stat kids. Also no point in checking twitter because they didn’t post anything about decisions last year until the day after.

@Sconnie42 thanks for that update. How do you know the person working the phones got chewed out? I think you are right though – I hope!

@TheFrenchChef just speculating, somone called last year and was told decisions would be out that night when the admissions office obviously wanted (wants)a low key drop

Less than an hour now

^^or 1 week and 1 hour

Just hope it’s tonight so the stress can be relieved

I’m so anxious!! I hope it’s tonight!

Looking at last year’s thread, the portal went down before decisions came out. That hasn’t happened yet. I’m guessing they won’t be out tonight. I hope I’m wrong though.

I noticed that too jaydata but I didn’t want to jinx it not being posted tonight