University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2024

Does anyone know when EA responses usually come out?

Based on the patterns from the last couple of years, I would expect EA decisions on Friday, December 20 at around 9:00 p.m.

Last year it was Friday 12/21. Not sure when it will be this year!

@ajc1966 does Wisc recalculate GPA’s ? i know all the state schools in Florida do as well as Georgia…

I believe so. And- over decades no one has ever figured out exactly how.

I assume they do - I think every school has its own formula for recalculating them.

Please chance me:

This is my number one school, applied early action on 10/28, all materials submitted on time, visited campus last November

Gpa(weighted): 3.6(I attend the number one private school in Chicago)
Act: 29
ECs: elected student council members (4 years), lacrosse player (4 years), dance (2 years), over 200 logged service hours at Misericordia Heart of Mercy, National Honors Society member, part-time job during the summer and school year, peer tutor, spanish honors society

Classes:
AP: US History, Chemistry, Biology, Comparative Governments, English Literature
Honors: Spanish 3, Psychology, sociology
College prep: Dance, alegraba 1, geometry, religion, and all other classes that do not offer honors or AP
Accelerated: took trigonometry and algebra 2 over the summer in order to skip precalc and take calculus as a senior

Common app essay: written about my journey with a significant birthmark and my understanding of beauty
Wisconsin essay: written about my love of the city setting and philanthropy, specifically the Red Cross club

Intended major: Nursing (BSN)

Your unweighted gpa matters. You are expected to do well at your school, regardless of how good/average it is. Hopefully you have high AP exam scores to support the grades in those classes. You first get admitted to the university as a whole.

Once at UW you need to meet the school of nursing prerequisites to be admitted to that school. Check the UW Nursing school website. This may be competitive.

It’s December! When do you think we’ll find out?

Based on most of the comments in the thread, I would guess Friday December 20th.

A few years prior to last, it was the Friday before that. If we were looking this year, I would be checking on Friday the 13th and Friday the 20th. Good luck to all!

Yes they do. I assume that’s how he has a 4.2. He’s never gotten under an A and always has several A+. I’ll be honest, I don’t quite understand either. I put 4.0 initially because I figured that’s what it was. Then I saw his transcript and had unweighted at 4.2. Weighted he’s over 6.

Fortunately, I’m not the one who has to make sense of it.

No. That is why there is a deadline!

It looks like the decisions are ahead of schedule this year. My daughter received her decision notification yesterday (Sat, Dec 7) at 8:00 pm. She got in and she’s so happy to have her college choice finalized!

She’s an out-of-state recruited athlete. I may be wrong about this, but my understanding is that UW makes all the ED decisions on the same schedule regardless of these factors. Good luck to everyone!

@LolliCoomassie did you get an email? You mean early action not early decision? Could you of gotten something because she is an athlete versus regular ?

@jhmoney yes, you’re right- EA not ED. I was told by an admissions officer that the athletic recruit applications would be considered along with the rest of the EA pool of applications. She also said the notifications would be on the same schedule.

So perhaps we were notified with the other OOS applicants? Or perhaps she was incorrect about the athletic notifications?

They sent an email to my daughter’s listed email address that said…

“The Office of Admissions and Recruitment at the University of Wisconsin–Madison has completed a review of your admissions application. Your decision letter is now available online within your Student Center at My UW.”

Once she logged on, it was a bit confusing. The Admissions link still said “1 active application”, but once she scrolled down to the Notification Center it said “2 new”. Very confusing and easy to miss!

My S is an OOS “regular” EA applicant (not an athlete recruit) and there is nothing in his portal (pro or con); no notifications of any kind. No email either. I’m guessing that athlete acceptances may have gone out early?? Anyone else with info?

anyone else?

Neither pro nor con. Athletic decisions come out earlier than all the rest. You’ll see it when you see it, it doesn’t matter how hard you dig because you will get an email shortly after it is posted.

There’s nothing in my student center either. Im an in state EA applicant, and it seems logical that they would release athletes’ decisions first.