University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2024

They posted an update on twitter. Wisconsin residents get it tonight and OOS get it in the next few days.

Check out the wisconsin admissions twitter feed. Not all decisions are coming out now.

Nothing yet.

I just heard that only Wisconsin residents are hearing tonight. OOS later in the weekend.

People who get in please say whether you’re in state or out of state, and stats if you’re comfortable (may as well).

This was release by admissions on FB
We have received the largest number of applications in Early Action to date. Although our team has been working tirelessly to get decisions out as early as possible, our utmost priority continues to be providing a thorough, holistic review of each and every applicant to the University of Wisconsin–Madison. As a result, we are unable to release all Early Action decisions by our published release date of December 31. Those who will not receive a decision by the new year have been notified via email to address on their application. Residents of Wisconsin will receive their decision this evening. Non-Wisconsin decisions that are complete will be released in the next few days. Please be sure to check your email for your notification that your decision is ready.

While we understand this news may be disappointing, we assure you that our team is working diligently to get all admissions decisions out as soon as possible while maintaining the quality of our review process. Please note that the timing for receiving your decision is in no way related to your admission decision. We will contact those who did not receive a decision via email when their admission decision is ready.

Thank you for your understanding.

nooo ?? I was so stressed/excited! Wish it was more clear

they posted something on their twitter

https://prnt.sc/qdt0yp

Looks like in-state that they’ve gotten to is tonight, OOS that they’ve gotten to is later this weekend…

That is so annoying. They had to announce that RIGHT at 8 pm? It’s not like they just decided on doing so, so idiotic.

Apparantly residents of Wisconsin should be hearing back now and if you did not recieve an email you should be hearing back in the next few days

Do you guys mind to share your scores and ECs?
I want to have a reference thxxxxxx

^^

Well I’m glad they posted the update! I can stop checking!

ACCEPTED
In-State
Pre-Business
3.86 Weighted GPA
27 ACT
Good EC’s and Essays
So excited this is my top choice school!!

Accepted to Computer Science! In-state with an ACT of 33 and 3.91 GPA. Good luck to everyone :slight_smile:

Ugh - sorry OOS applicants. That stinks they are announcing so late.

Keep in mind that stats of OOS and Wisconsin residents accepted applicants aren’t necessarily the same. OOS admissions is ever more competitive and is growing every year as seen by the highest # of EA applicants. The largest UW freshman class ever is currently enrolled. The 2nd largest class is currently sophomores.

My kid that was accepted EA last year had an ACT 34 and a 4.0 and is OOS.

Is there any indication of when they will release out of state?

I got in, in state obviously, 3.67 UW GPA and 33 ACT.

Accepted with a biology major! In state with a 29 ACT (35 super scored), 4.0 unweighted GPA. Not many ECs and my school doesn’t offer AP/IB. I’ve taken 4 dual enrollment courses with As in all of them.