University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2024

Accepted!! In-state. ACT 33 (35 superscore); UW GPA 4.0, 9 AP courses, 5 college courses so far at UW-Green Bay (all As), state swim qualifier, modest other ECs (math team, environmental volunteer activities)

Stupid question but where on the portal do you get notified if you are in or not – is it under the student center and then the notification center? or under student center admissions. Just want to make sure looking in the right place. Thanks

Sorry but I really don’t get what the point of delaying the OOS people is! Could someone explain it please? Because they said they finished their decisions right??

Instate before Xmas
Heavy app volume
Some will trail until early January.
Order does not reflect chances at all.

Politics.–keep the locals happy

No, OOS that didn’t get the email are getting it in the next couple days.

Accepted!
In-state
Journalism major
33 ACT
4.00 unweighted GPA
EC’s: Co-president of forensics and debate, captain of girls swim team, and mock trial
Good luck to everyone who has to wait on decisions! my heart goes out to y’all

Very annoying. There’s no way they didn’t know before tonight that they wouldn’t be releasing everyone’s decisions tonight. No need to be secretive. Every other school has a date and they let you know and a lot of schools get more applications every year. Not one of my son’s top choices but it’s still annoying.

I’m OOS and don’t see anything new on my portal and I also didn’t get an email

*Accepted
*in state
*4.0 UW GPA
*1560 SAT
*I’ve been taking classes at a UW in another city all this year and have a 4.0. No idea if that helps, but I’m sure it didn’t hurt

I got into UMich yesterday, so one way or the other my college search is over.

Michigan did something similar a couple of days ago though I get ILmomof 2 point.

Do you think there is a chance that UW Madison will send out decisions to OOS applicants tonight?

@pinkchanel I wish! That would be super cool, but it’ll probably start for OOS applicants tomorrow and onwards I’m guessing.

I really think these schools are overwhelmed with these unprecedented numbers. Over 40K people applied last year. It’s higher every year the last few years. They don’t know what they’re going to get until they get them and I see why it’s hard to prepare and predict that. My kid applied to 10 schools last year and I don’t think he had a solid date any of them were going to release. Hope everyone else who applied EA hears soon.

@heavyduty445 do you think they’ll release in a specific order? Like reciprocity hears sooner?

I don’t buy being overwhelmed having a November 1 deadline

Accepted
OOS
ACT 29
GPA 3.0
Piano player and good at coloring
Captain of school soccer team

so if I’m out of state and didn’t get an email, that means my decision will be sent out soon???

@badgerfan222 Are you sure you’re OOS? I didn’t realize those were being released today!!

@nicole20 Ok agreed I didn’t pay attention to that lol, they also just joined with the name “badgerfan” so that seems slightly sketchy…