University of Wisconsin, Madison EA Class of 2025

U of Wisconsin decision just hit my email box.

Decision: Accepted!
Major: Undecided in L&S
ACT: 35
From IL
4.0 UW GPA
10 APs
Good ECs and good essays
No FA

Look in the notification center

U of GA does publish and itā€™s pretty similar to WI. 8900 accepted EA, 10000 deferred, 2500 denied.

Accepted from IL!
1150 SAT
7 APs 7 honors 1 dual
3.5uw gpa
Major: Journalism
Tons of ECs and volunteers hours
My stats are iffy but I really believe my essay was my push
SO EXCITED ROLL BADGE!!!

Anyone still not gotten an email?

I didnt get an email but I just checked my portal

My OOS son was deferred. The generic letter talks about sending mid-year grades. His HS automatically sent those, so I guess we call admissions and make sure they received them?

Illinois here - Son was accepted- Engineering. 3.8UW/4.3W. No test scores.

Thereā€™s nothing in the portal about financial aid or scholarships. We heard that UW doesnā€™t really offer any, but does anyone know if they send that info later?

LOTS of deferred applicants get in! If s/he really wants to go, be convincing! Good luck. My daughter has been deferred to 2 schools so far; you arenā€™t alone!

2 Likes

Was the dates in your letter messed up? Ours said they would send instructions in Dec and get decision in Jan?

1 Like

Daughter just accepted OS!

you should get an email a day or 2 later, maybe longer.
Even you donā€™t get FA, they may tell you that you qualify for 5K or 6K fed loan.
Eventually also shown in portal.

yup haha

Yup! They used a letter from December deferralsā€¦ not good. Iā€™m not sure if my son has gotten an email with accurate info or not. I just saw that generic letter on the portal.

update: i got the email about 40 minutes ago, the letter in notification center has the correct wording, it says admitted directly to the Wisconsin School of Business

Accepted! Biochemistry - OOS Virginia

D accepted directly to the Wisconsin School of Business
OOS - FL
30 ACT
3.98 UW/5.3 weighted
Debate, Drama, Varsity Golf
We have to wait for UF which doesnā€™t come out until the end of Feb.

My kid got admitted and the intended major was Computer Science. But the letter says ā€œadmission to the University of
Wisconsin-Madison in the College of Letters & Science.ā€ and does not mention Major as Comp Sci. Does that mean she is not admitted to CS Major? Did anyone who applied for CS Major and accepted see CS Major mentioned in their admission letter?

Stats:
OOS (WA) - 3.92 UW, 34ACT, 11APs all 5s.

@tc2927 is Wisconsin similar to UGA? D got into both. Wondering which is better. We are from FL and She got a lot of money from UGA, heard Wisconsin is not as generous.