University of Wisconsin, Madison EA Class of 2025

OMG we’ve been watching this thread like a hawk… patiently waiting… Daughter accepted to Molecular & Cell Biology and for Mercile J. Lee Scholars Program with a 4yr full tuition award! Beyond blessed and over the moon excited.
OOS from VA
Hispanic Female
3.93 UW and 4.44 W GPA
4 yr varsity volleyball, open level club/travel player
Test Optional due to missed opportunities w/ Covid
8 AP’s
worked really hard on all the additional essays for Mercile Lee

7 Likes

CS is in the College of L&S at Madison. Congratulations!

1 Like

The email is generic that you get. Just check for your admissions decision.

It is really frustrating to have a school be a top choice and your letter states incorrect information and you have no idea what you are supposed to even do.

I think they are pretty similar. WI being one of the best state schools in the midwest and GA in the southeast. Madison can be shockingly cold for a Floridian. Athens is not.

Congrats to your daughter! Did she learn of her acceptance into the Mercile J. Lee Scholars program in her admission letter? Thanks!

1 Like

@TC2927 yes I have heard how cold it is. She refuses to go to UF, kills me but want her to have the best experience available.

1 Like

Daughter Accepted
School of Letters & Science (PoliSci)
GPA: UW 3.9 W:4.1
ACT:27
9 AP classes
8 Honors classes
In top 25% of class at highly regarded public high school
Great Recommendation Letters(we think)
Good Essays
Works 25 hours a week
Mentor at Big Brothers Big Sisters, Earth club, NHS, Hope Squad
4 yr two sport varsity athlete
State: Utah

1 Like

Yes it was right on the admission letter.

Thanks!

Son was accepted to Letters and Science (Comp Sci)
OOS Texas
ACT: 31
GPA: 3.75
Lots of AP classes
4 year varsity xc runner
Good essays
This is one of his top choices, so he may not sleep tonight.

Congratulations to everyone!

1 Like

Trying to regroup here. My kid was deferred and is pretty upset. Stats are on target based on what we read here and the high school’s scattergram indicates Wisco is a match. Does anyone have experience with deferrals? Do deferrals have a good chance of acceptance in RD? It seems like very few people were deferred and I have seen no rejections here so feeling nervous. Thanks!

2 Likes

My daughter was deferred in December and plenty of people where deferred my daughters stats also shoukd of been a match as was very dissapointed. It seemed to be about her major which is very popular ( psychology). So now we wait. . Sent in her first semester grades and will see. Doesn’t make any sense

1 Like

I hope your daughter gets good news in RD!

Same to you!! The waiting just is stressful

1 Like

For CS at Wisconsin they are not admitted directly to CS, they are admitted to CollegeOf Letters and Sciences. Before they can declare the CS major they have to take a couple of “gateway” courses (a CS Course and a math course) and get a Certain GPA.
It is explained on the CS website. My son also admitted OOS with intent for CS.
Congrats!

2 Likes

Have you gotten any emails about what they want us to send in? Our letter was all messed up with dates, so I honestly have no idea what we are supposed to do or if we’ve already missed deadlines.

WI is the quintessential midwestern college experience. We are only 100 miles from campus so we know the cold. You can’t describe it until your in it. I have friends from Charleston SC and 1 daughter went to school in New England and had no issues but another came to Chicago and was miserable. I’m sure it will work out at either place.

1 Like

The letter said would get an email in late January and how to send any new information Never received email , called admissions a while back they said email will come out in February. My daughters school automatically sends mid grades . After that I Also had another teacher send recommendation . Not sure what else to send at this point

My D was deferred at 3 schools all before accepted at WI. Same thing about her stats being on target or above at those schools. One of those was Northeastern and one of her friends was accepted their but deferred at WI. Seems more random than ever this year.

I agree, the results feel very random this year. Congrats on the good news for your D!