Update Necessary?

<p>Good Evening,</p>

<p>I am getting anxious as the deadline for Regular Decision Applications approaches and was wondering if anyone could advise me as to whether an update to my application is necessary?
I completed it in August, and have been involved in a lot more community service and was recognized as a National Merit Commended Scholar. I applied Pre-Med focus.
Is that information important, will including it make a difference to my basic stats below? My essays and teacher letters of recommendation were strong...</p>

<p>Florida Resident
4.0 UW GPA (High School and College, I am dual enrolled)
1900 SAT (not so good)
32 ACT Composite (much more reflective of my academic ability)
Top 10% of high school class
Recognised on the College President's list every semester
Involved in volunteering as a tutor and in a medical clinic for 3 years. Also an active member of a local community service group.
Member of Phi Theta Kappa and National Honors Society
Active Ballet Dancer</p>

<p>Thank you very much</p>

<p>I don’t know for a fact, but if I were your parent, I would recommend letting your admissions person know about National Merit Commended Scholar recognition. That’s really important. I don’t think that new community service activities that you just started this year would add much to your application. Others can correct me if I am wrong.</p>

<p>I agree with LINYMOM. I have begun a bunch of new activities this year in school but one activity cannot make or break a decision. Its all about you as a person</p>

<p>Thank you for your advice. I will go ahead and let University of Miami know about the Commended Scholar Recognition, but will not include the community service. </p>

<p>How do you recommend I send/word this update?</p>

<p>Just reiterate your interest in this school and tell them about the designation. Not a big deal. Just make sure there are no grammar or spelling errors!</p>

<p>Okay! Thank you again for your help, I greatly appreciate it!</p>

<p>Do you have any personal experience with UM? If so, should I retake my SAT to get higher than a 1900, or am I in good standing with that score?</p>

<p>Yeah just email and call for your concerns. Honestly I think your SAT is fine LOL mine is lower but colleges are not only looking for the students with the highest SAT score they are looking for the most well rounded and who can contribute to the school the most.</p>

<p>UM doesn’t look at SAT writing. What’s your SAT M+CR?</p>

<p>Anyway, 32 ACT is great. That’s what my DS is applying with (ACT superscore, which I believe they do). (He didn’t send in his SAT scores even though his M+CR was >1300.)</p>

<p>I don’t have personal experience with UM, unless you consider my intense interest (and CC obsession) since it became my DS’ #1 choice when he was a soph in HS.</p>

<p>This might be a dumb question, but I really want to go to UM. Do you think I should email the admissions office to display my interest because my stats are borderline (GPA: 4.27, SAT: 1270)?</p>

<p>Thank you so much for your help. I think I will re-take the SAT just to have better scores to be considered for scholarships.</p>

<p>@DRey24 I do not suggest it because getting admitted into a school is more than being a number. I will not lie my stats are lower than your but all you can do is hope. and if it does work out the first try you can always try again. Also if you called what would you say? calling an admission officer who probably wont even be the one reading your application is a waste of time. I would say wait until you get your results these days you can never predict the outcome of a college admission</p>