URGENT! Alabama Scholarship Deadline!

Hi, I’m a senior in HS looking at the U of Alabama. I’m in-state, and I’ve already received my letter of admission. I’m a NMSF, and I recieved an email saying that they had extended the scholarship deadline until Jan 15 for the NMSFs, so I didn’t apply for the scholarship yet (the deadline was Dec 15). I thought that they would extend it, and as I was working on the CBHP and UFE apps I just held off on the scholarship app. But now when I go to the portal and try to apply for it, it says that the deadline is passed. I’m really worried since I’m seriously considering Alabama and I don’t want to lose my full-tuition scholarship (I have a 35) because of a misunderstanding in the application deadline. Is there anyone who can help me sort this out? I’m sure the scholarship office is on break and I don’t really want to spend the rest of the holidays worrying, so any advice would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance!

I thought the Bama NMF scholarship is automatic as long as you make NMF and list Bama as your first choice by May 1.

See this link:
http://scholarships.ua.edu/nationalscholars/

I think you are talking about that other general scholarship link for all those varied alumni scholarships and such. Not sure about the deadline for those.

I do believe CBH and UFE deadlines have passed though.

Is there a reason that you won’t likely make NMF?

Who is that letter from?

When did you apply to Bama? If you applied before Dec 15th, then don’t worry about the scholarship app. You’re fine.

Students who make NMF have not missed any deadline. That deadline is April 30th.

However, it sounds from your letter that if you’re a NMSF (and won’t make NMF) then THAT deadline has not passed.

@mom2collegekids I received an email as follows:

"Congratulations on being selected as a National Merit Semifinalist. Please click the link below to watch a video from Dr. Stuart R. Bell, president of The University of Alabama.

You can read more about scholarship packages available to National Merit Scholars here.

The application deadline for scholarship consideration has been extended to January 15, 2016 for National Merit Semifinalists. All admission materials must be received by this date. Please contact us via email at scholarships@ua.edu or by phone at (205) 348-8201 once your admission application is complete so that we can process your scholarship award."

The letter was from the admissions office.

I’m pretty sure I’ll get NMF. I had a 237 PSAT, and a 2330 SAT single sitting. I submitted my app on time too.

So am I clear? How do I apply for scholarships, or do I have to do it? Or is it automatic? I’m confused on that matter.

You’re fine.

What email address sent you that?

Forward the email to amber.capell@ua.edu and tell her that you tried to fill out the scholarship app. Tell her that it says the deadline has passed.

She probably won’t get back to you for a week or so, but you’re fine.

The scholarship app isn’t really needed for assured merit.

@mom2collegekids it was admissions@ua.edu. Okay, I will, thank you so much! I was just worried that my window had closed since I waiting until after December 15.