URI housing

Went to visit URI yesterday and was shocked to see triple dorms that are barely big enough to be a double. It looks awful and sounds like most kids move off campus, and parking is then an issue. Anyone have experience with this triple–3 guys in one room, how does this even work!? Also hear a lot of kids are commuters and it makes it hard for OOS kids to make friends. Sounds bad, which stinks bc they have good options for my son’s major.

On our tour for D22, we were actually told that all freshman should expect to be tripled- yes in those tiny rooms meant for two - and this was for all majors.
Seemed like URI over-accepts with little regard to how to accommodate for student housing.

Daughter who is currently a student there lived in a triple freshman year, three girls in one tight room, but they managed and didn’t seem to complain. Second year they were in a suite that had 10 single rooms, for 10 of them, forgot which building. After that moved off campus. One thing to consider, whether you like it or not, is that most kids go off campus move to Narragansett, which is a pro and a con.
Very beachy feel and a lot of houses you can walk to the beach. Student rentals do not include summer months, I suppose they are vacation rentals. The area is very nice and safe, but it is a 10-15 minute drive. I’ve never heard any complaints about parking on campus from there. Kids tend to hang out less at bars or frats, and tend to go to house parties in that area, even the kids living on campus so Ubers are popular on the weekend.