US Bank...inconvenient?

<p>Hello...I haven't posted on this forum for like two months, and usually my questions are more complicated than this...anyway, I'm a freshman at UW-Eau Claire, and I'll be transferring to Madison next fall (you can read my old posts to find out why I didn't get in as a freshman lol). I currently have a checking account, a savings account, and a credit card through US Bank, which is very convenient here at Eau Claire. I noticed, though, that US Bank may not be particularly convenient for UW-Madison students. I don't want to change banks if I can help it (I really like US Bank so far), so does anyone have any experience with US Bank in Madison? How inconvenient is it really?</p>

<p>I don't attend UW-Madison but I've visited and from what I've seen credit card use is minimal. Just like other UW campuses most transactions are handled through your student card, which you deposit money into.</p>

<p>However there are US Banks located in Madison around the campus and I'm sure ATM's won't be hard to come by:
US</a> Bank, Madison, WI - Google Maps</p>

<p>I haven't dealt with US Bank specifically, but know that having a credit or debit card is actually pretty important. While a lot of important spots accept Wiscard (the UW debit card that is also your id) there are a ton of places that do not, namely restaurants on state street. </p>

<p>There is an ATM a couple blocks up state street that I have been using because my bank, Wells Fargo, also is a pretty inconvenient bank to use (closest branch is several miles away and a hassle by bike or bus). It is free for almost every kind of bank which is really nice so I bet you would be able to use that to get cash. All I know is that cashing checks is an ordeal every time, so if your bank is inconvenient be sure to factor all of this in!</p>

<p>From the link - there is a US Bank on the capitol square and one in the 3600 block of University- near Midvale blvd. Both hikeable/bikeable or free city bus ride, didn't search out their atm locations- check with your local US Bank for info on their Madison atms.</p>